What did you do in the garden today?

@igorsMistress - your yard has been such an amazing transformation. It's looking so good! Can't wait for baby ducks!! Please take pics when they start to hatch for me! ❤

@TropicalBabies - glad he's feeling better!

Not much going on around here, I pulled all the green bean seeds out of the dried pods & put them in the fridge. I still have some green tomatoes that are ripening, I mostly feed them to the girls as they are a bit soft at this point since I didn't wrap them in newspaper, can't wait till they're gone! I will get the Dahlia bulbs into the vermiculite & into storage today too. I need to cover the fig tree too, it has no leaves but 2 figs still left on it. My mission is to clean out the mudroom & that's where the beans, the tomatoes & bulbs are, if you can't tell. :gig

Have a good one all.
Thanks Sueby :love I’m amazed all that stuff actually lived through the summer tbh.

@igorsMistress - the fan was AWESOME!!! Did not bother the chooks, is quiet and one girl even moved closer. Ya know those times when you are sure you see your chickens smile? This was one. The bachelors who roost high and behind the fan seemed more protected than the girls who the fan was blowing on. I could not be happier. I had another box fan that i tried but it was not as solid of an instal and loud so it terrified the girls, this fan has a great instal and is quiet. Was not excited about spending $50 for a chicken fan- now I am thrilled.

@Sueby - I am shocked... SHOCKED! that your chickens did not like a steak bone. Silly chickens. My chickens would tackle me for any kind of meat. I used to put smoked meat in snack bags. Are they young? :love

Good morning or aloha kakahiaka all!!!
DH still on the mend but still headed in the right direction for the most part :fl just slower than I thought. My 2 young cockerels are crowing up a storm this morning. Hope my neighbors have become ear blind. We have many wild ones in the hood so they do the rebound echo respond chamber that we may all know and love... just our homes are a little too close for that... or for mine to be doing that. :oops: Hope nobody gets huhu with me.

No plans cept maybe the laundry I did not do yesterday. Would like to enclose the big coop a little more now that I can control the swarms better and make some shelves for my storage container, I'll wait to see how DH does this morning. I have a small shop for AJ to do when I feed the horses this morning. It is only 8am now. I have been up for hours but the rest of my world seems to still be asleep.

I did get out to take photos of the work the Son did yesterday got a older variety of strawberries called Marshall.. as they make trailers I can cut the tires
Also my girls in their yard in the sun today
005.jpg
003.jpg

@igorsMistress - the fan was AWESOME!!! Did not bother the chooks, is quiet and one girl even moved closer. Ya know those times when you are sure you see your chickens smile? This was one. The bachelors who roost high and behind the fan seemed more protected than the girls who the fan was blowing on. I could not be happier. I had another box fan that i tried but it was not as solid of an instal and loud so it terrified the girls, this fan has a great instal and is quiet. Was not excited about spending $50 for a chicken fan- now I am thrilled.

@Sueby - I am shocked... SHOCKED! that your chickens did not like a steak bone. Silly chickens. My chickens would tackle me for any kind of meat. I used to put smoked meat in snack bags. Are they young? :love

Good morning or aloha kakahiaka all!!!
DH still on the mend but still headed in the right direction for the most part :fl just slower than I thought. My 2 young cockerels are crowing up a storm this morning. Hope my neighbors have become ear blind. We have many wild ones in the hood so they do the rebound echo respond chamber that we may all know and love... just our homes are a little too close for that... or for mine to be doing that. :oops: Hope nobody gets huhu with me.

No plans cept maybe the laundry I did not do yesterday. Would like to enclose the big coop a little more now that I can control the swarms better and make some shelves for my storage container, I'll wait to see how DH does this morning. I have a small shop for AJ to do when I feed the horses this morning. It is only 8am now. I have been up for hours but the rest of my world seems to still be asleep.
Perhaps the tomato thief had a well deserved early morning 💩

@igorsMistress - your yard has been such an amazing transformation. It's looking so good! Can't wait for baby ducks!! Please take pics when they start to hatch for me! ❤

@TropicalBabies - glad he's feeling better!

Not much going on around here, I pulled all the green bean seeds out of the dried pods & put them in the fridge. I still have some green tomatoes that are ripening, I mostly feed them to the girls as they are a bit soft at this point since I didn't wrap them in newspaper, can't wait till they're gone! I will get the Dahlia bulbs into the vermiculite & into storage today too. I need to cover the fig tree too, it has no leaves but 2 figs still left on it. My mission is to clean out the mudroom & that's where the beans, the tomatoes & bulbs are, if you can't tell. :gig

Have a good one all.
Putting green tomatoes in a bag with fruit like apple or banana will ripen them . Ethelene gas given of by the fruit . Also refrigeration will firm up soft tomatoes . So ripen first then refrigerate them .

Good morning all. I finally got the dirt pile moved out of my driveway. No more ordering dirt in bulk. I still need to put leaves on my asparagus bed, but other than that, the garden is done for the season. I finally got some of my smaller house plants moved to the shelving unit I bought. My large bowl of impatiens doesn't fit all that well on it, so I will be getting a small stool out of my potting shed to set that one on. But the tree lamp I bought provides plenty of light. I think the shelves will work well for seed starting in the early Spring. I'll take a photo once I get all the plants settled in. Have a great day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom