What did you do in the garden today?

I just finished baking 2 pumpkin pies from a pie pumpkin a friend gave me. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the left over pie filling that wouldn't fit into the pie shell and isn't enough to make a 3rd pie from. Also made another loaf of zucchini bread today!
Moved 3 wagon loads of gravel to the driveway. I think I have about 2 tons of gravel left to move still. I definitely will put some outside of the entrance to one of the chicken coops. It gets so muddy and slippery there. @ChocolateMouse I agree with you, just because it is only going to be the 2 of us at home this year, there is no reason why we can't have Thanksgiving fare. I won't be cooking a bird though. We just don't have room for it in the refrigerator.
Tomorrow I will bake the pumpkin seeds and start wrapping Christmas presents! Oh, and make another loaf of zucchini bread. This 1 zucchini is apparently a 3 loaf zucchini! :lau
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited:
I just finished baking 2 pumpkin pies from a pie pumpkin a friend gave me. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the left over pie filling that wouldn't fit into the pie shell and isn't enough to make a 3rd pie from. Also made another loaf of zucchini bread today!
Moved 3 wagon loads of gravel to the driveway. I think I have about 2 tons of gravel left to move still. I definitely will put some outside of the entrance to one of the chicken coops. It gets so muddy and slippery there. @ChocolateMouse I agree with you, just because it is only going to be the 2 of us at home this year, there is no reason why we can't have Thanksgiving fare. I won't be cooking a bird though. We just don't have room for it in the refrigerator.
Tomorrow I will bake the pumpkin seeds and start wrapping Christmas presents! Oh, and make another loaf of zucchini bread. This 1 zucchini is apparently a 3 loaf zucchini! :lau
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I'd just freeze it and use it later in custard cups or in muffin mix.
We don't cook turkey. The smell of it gives me a migraine to end all migraines, always has. I make chauteaubriand or steaks and bearnaise sauce with baked sweet potatoes and green beans. Rolls or buttermilk biscuits if I feel like it. And a scoop of icecream for sweets.
The Cushaw pies are for a neighbor that can't cook and has family coming from out of state.

Down to my last 4 tomatoes. :hmm Many spoiled rather than ripen this year - they got hit with a frost before I picked them. A couple of weeks ago we went to a large vegetable market. They had heirloom tomatoes at $5.99 a pound. At that price I gave away and ate many thousands of $ worth this year. :p

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving all! I love cooking the dinner, it's been just DP and I these last 2 years but I still love the planning and execution. In fact I had one of those nights when my brain would not shut off as I was trying to fall asleep, it just kept making cooking suggestions that I really didn't need after the first 6 times. Sheesh!

Good morning gardeners. I'm glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving. My WiFi was down all day yesterday so no social media for me. It was just me and my daughter for dinner and of course her two dogs. My very first all gluten free Thanksgiving meal was very succesful. My daughter had developed a GF green bean casserole recipe that was excellent, and made GF dressing/stuffing that was quite tasty. I was thrilled to find a GF recipe for crescent rolls. They were really good and I ate 2 of them. Learning to make meals more like the old normal for someone with celiac disease is challenging but well worth it. I even made pumpkin pie with a GF piecrust. That I've made before for a former co-worker with celiacs. The poor guy had never tasted pumpkin pie until that day. And yes, we caught bits of the parade and watched the dog show as well. It rained all day yesterday but has cleared up finally with even a bit of sunshine from time to time. I'm looking forward to getting out and tidying up the yard and putting up decorations. My indoor garden still needs work but it's getting there. Have a great day everyone.

houseplants.JPG

Blooming Begonia
begonia full bloom.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom