What did you do in the garden today?

Oh @igorsMistress, I'm sorry to hear that. :hit

Glad everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving!

I put up the Christmas decorations today because the weather is nice, but I refuse to turn them on till it's actually December. :gig Driving home last night I was amazed at how many people had their decorations up already, it was awesome!

5 weeks of quarantine & I finally let the big girls out again so they could see the littles, they were like 'WHAT ARE THOSE...THIIIINGSSS? GET RID OF THEM.' Chickens are so funny. & mean.

Chores are done, movie time! Have a great day all.

Aloha all and happy belated TG!
Unlike @NewBoots I don't enjoy the TG journey anymore. Being in a small cottage has it's challenges and cooking can be one, plus I don't like making myself sweat on purpose unless it is exercise. Dinner was wonderful but DH got whole shrimp instead of the de-headed, deveined so I spent 1 hour bent over riping their little heads off, deshelling and deveining. Everyone loved their unusual but tasty early TG dinner and for that, I was grateful!!!

Yesterday, DH and my test came back negative late noon. Someone went to work so others could have a less worrisome holiday. I personally was not worried for us- But, I did notice the sacrifice of someone for all and am grateful for that person.
I was also grateful to be able to cook a nice meal, have everything we needed and be safe and well in this moment.
I did let the itty bitty's wander the big yard the last 2 days. Sooo cute. :loveK. off to clean coops and waterers and whatever work they have created for me this last 24. After standing in the kitchen for 8 hours for a 20 minute meal i am behind on chicken duty, they miss me and I miss them even if it is scraping poop boards ;).

Was feeling homesick Monday and so I ordered some pecans from Florida. I got 2.5 pounds of Cherry Lee and 2.5 pounds of Desirables. The generic pack of Diamond Pecans from the grocery wasn't cutting it. I wanted 2.5 pounds of Stuarts, but they don't have any. UGH.

DH thinks it's funny that I can tell the difference between the varieties. I'll go up the road 15 miles tomorrow and buy a basket of local pecans too.

Found this in my run this morning. Must be from a wild one who did not get permission to use the nest boxes, poor thing. Looks like a first.
20201127_103214.jpg
20201127_103543.jpg

Mine now. :p This is what I get for all of the feed she helped herself to.

Back
Top Bottom