What did you do in the garden today?

Well, this was actually yesterday. I am starting a cutting garden. I got about 80 bulbs in, along one row. Used the trench method.

Ordering peonies tomorrow. Getting 10 year olds. They will be row two.

I have one more row left and I have no idea what I’m going to plant.

Suggestions????
Wrong season to put them in, probably, but Dahlias! Are these for Market?

Not for market, but I thought it would be lovely to have fresh flowers in my house next year. All the bulbs are fall planting, and I am in zone 7. And the peonies (still waiting for them to be delivered) are also for fall planting.

I’ve discovered this place... https://www.terraceiafarms.com/

They have wonderful choices... I’m also going to put in a bunch of tuberose in the front of my house. They are so beautiful...but I have to wait until the spring for those.

Still have one entire row to fill. I thought about poppies and a lot of stock. Any ideas? Maybe just fragrant annuals?

:hugs It is a little harsh lol but sometime it gets hard not to think that way and unfortunately that is not the way it works. The nice people who risk their lives so we can have food and be cared for will be the ones to pay the price along with the ones trying to be careful and respectful but just had bad luck. I think maybe only the good die young ;)
K. Now I really gotta get :frow
Yah, more than 1,500 Health Care Workers have dies from the COVID19 in the USA already...I have to wear a mask even working in our garden on 2 sides, people are SO careless not wearing masks when they walk, bike or jog by. I need to harvest some beet greens and more fennel seed...and toss more mulch in the run. Temps n the 40s now so I don't stay out long.

Planted the strawberries I was given yesterday, garlic, and some bushes. Also measured off and started working the perennial bed for next year that the strawberries and garlic were planted in. I plan on adding artichokes and asparagus too.
A9A6474E-BF34-475F-A345-6BF3AB7FD398.jpeg
74FF139B-C9B7-4032-92B3-1DBB4FAFD7E5.jpeg

I spent the morning re-arranging the barn in a more useful fashion and raking spilled hay.
The hens spent the morning putting my raked hay back all over the barn.

I then spent three hours installing brush seals around the great North door of the barn. So that's done.

The rest of the day I've been designing and registering Tartans in Scotland, and watching Time Team. LOL.

My 'neighbors' all spent the day putting up their ugly holiday lights.

Was sunny, breezy, and made it to a rare 60 degrees. I'll take it.

Hope you all had a great day.

Good to see you where active as usual there I have not accomplished much if anything today
I will pay tomorrow for climbing up and down the ranch hill from the barn to the shop and up and down a 12 foot ladder, using an impact drill, and hauling water.

I must remember tylenol and icy hot before bed. MUST.

OH I heard an odd noise while working. Turns out one of the tween-age pullets has taken to crawling into the high mounted alpaca feeders for leftovers. The goofball. Stormy was NOT impressed.

Yah, more than 1,500 Health Care Workers have dies from the COVID19 in the USA already...I have to wear a mask even working in our garden on 2 sides, people are SO careless not wearing masks when they walk, bike or jog by. I need to harvest some beet greens and more fennel seed...and toss more mulch in the run. Temps n the 40s now so I don't stay out long.
It is hard... :hugs I am staying hopeful that the worst is over. :fl It has been a 4+ year 💩show IMHO. I am ready to start looking up instead of being dragged down by the garbage people. You take care of yourself and stay well ;) this too shall pass.

Back
Top Bottom