What did you do in the garden today?

Grandson is in the hospital with irregular heartbeat - covid . We think he has had covid all of November . His wife's family infected us all . Chain reaction . So I guess we will get tested again .

My partner G has a low grade fever. :( We have our suspicions - there's been many cases at his work.

I've been hearing that you have to treat everyone like they're the jerks from zombie movies who refuse to tell you they got bit - because they are. Even people you think care about you will lie about their exposure to your face so that you won't refuse to see them. Very selfish.

All these basic folk be making me pare down my zombie survival team to only the people who are being upfront to the whole group about their exposure levels and health situation. If we don't talk enough to know your precise health status right now, I can't trust you not to lie to me about it.

My partner G has a low grade fever. :( We have our suspicions - there's been many cases at his work.

I've been hearing that you have to treat everyone like they're the jerks from zombie movies who refuse to tell you they got bit - because they are. Even people you think care about you will lie about their exposure to your face so that you won't refuse to see them. Very selfish.

All these basic folk be making me pare down my zombie survival team to only the people who are being upfront to the whole group about their exposure levels and health situation. If we don't talk enough to know your precise health status right now, I can't trust you not to lie to me about it.
Or we can follow what the CDC says because we ARE in the middle of a pandemic. Keep company with only our immediate households- the end. It won't last forever unless we are stupid enough to make it last forever.
I hear some places on the mainland almost 1/2 of the folks are positive, many don't know it. Like our PSA says, we are the vaccine until we get one. Stay home, wear a mask, wash your hands, good luck. We have been hunkered down since March, it sucks but beats the alternative.
Our mayor is a rock star and has reimplemented the 14 day quarantine for travelers. Out of 72,000+ peoples we have lost 1 to covid. I'm glad he is protecting the pacific islanders and my community. We just don't have the resources to go through what you folks are going through. Yep, sounds like you folks have become zombie land and personally I'd be pissed.
We have a few jerks too that think they are above things, I'm sure they will be moving on soon enough. :smack
**** also, good luck with your partner G. I hope that you all stay ok. :hugs

Last edited:
Or we can follow what the CDC says because we ARE in the middle of a pandemic. Keep company with only our immediate households- the end. It won't last forever unless we are stupid enough to make it last forever.
I hear some places on the mainland almost 1/2 of the folks are positive, many don't know it. Like our PSA says, we are the vaccine until we get one. Stay home, wear a mask, wash your hands, good luck. We have been hunkered down since March, it sucks but beats the alternative.
Our mayor is a rock star and has reimplemented the 14 day quarantine for travelers. Out of 72,000+ peoples we have lost 1 to covid. I'm glad he is protecting the pacific islanders and my community. We just don't have the resources to go through what you folks are going through. Yep, sounds like you folks have become zombie land and personally I'd be pissed.
We have a few jerks too that think they are above things, I'm sure they will be moving on soon enough. :smack

We've been taking a lot of precautions. We only see people we trust a lot masked and outdoors when local case counts are lower and only once every two weeks and only a few at a time (we agreed that 4 households was too many even if they're 1 person households). That means the last time we saw people was October. (That was also outdoors, masked, distanced, only 3 people came over.) We've had hand sanitizer at every doorway and labeled chairs for months now so there's no cross contamination.

But G has to work. We have no choice - every day he's out dealing with the public. We've not had a lockdown or quarantine or anything even though a lockdown "happened". Every day he's gone into work and dealt with people who refuse to mask up. He changes clothes when he gets home every day (our laundry's been crazy) and we take care but it's not good. If you're not wealthy enough to stay home you don't get to and that's that.

There's a lot of pressure from family too, months ago two of G's family wanted to see him for his birthday and even though we set our rules plainly (masks and 6ft and outdoors only) they kept trying to unmask around us. We agreed we weren't seeing them again until it's all over. We tightened who we were willing to see to an even more stringent group after that - we can't trust family and friends who behave so flippantly. (In-laws, amirite? My family wants nothing to do with me right now. I haven't seen them in months! And they're local!)

Our governor is useless. He basically keeps saying "PLeeeeeeEEeeaAase don't be terrible people? You won't face and consequences if you do and literally nothing is stopping you and stores aren't allowed to enforce it and you can kinda do whatever if you want to.... But we're telling you not to!" and not doing anything substantial.

Laughing at the zombie survival team.....

----
touch up painting done. Black Rustoleum paint. I'm hoping it lasts longer than the paint pen. I know I'll probably have to totally repaint it someday, but that's later.
20201204_130947.jpg

I also caulked the outside of the windows as it will be in the 50s today.
Now I think I will vacuum and maybe take the dog to town for a bath. Maybe.
DS gets his new SUV tomorrow. We went to the city and looked over several vehicles and picked one out. He was looking downtrodden at the price, then we told him his grand-da left him a little money, which he hadn't known, and he about cried on the spot.

The act of getting his first loan is daunting for him, hard to get credit if you have little to start with. Catch 21 thing. We can also choose to co-sign, or pay all cash.

I need a xanax! LOL.

The garden plans are creeping into my thoughts. I think it will be mostly a tomato garden again. We are currently in need of rain. I'd rather not snow or ice though.
I did order some perennial plugs and annual seeds back in August. Still no word from them either.

Last edited:
People who won't wear the flipping mask or put it under their nose (really?) make me nuts. I feel for the folks who HAVE to go in to work, I worked retail for 35 years and I know what that's like (we don't want you to work sick but you better get your a$$ in here unless you're dead). DP and I count ourselves as crazy lucky for the position we're in.

The garden plans are creeping into my thoughts. I think it will be mostly a tomato garden again. We are currently in need of rain. I'd rather not snow or ice though.
Our garden will be largely tomatoes and greens as well. The berries, asparagus, and artichokes will have had some time to get their feet under them and will hopefully give us some production as well.

Back
Top Bottom