What did you do in the garden today?

yeah. I didnt do that, just threw it on top so when I went back out there was a very obvious layer of poop and pine straw but I put some effort into mixing it into the dirt a few days ago
I was just thinking that tilling may help. I'm not sure if you are for or against tilling, but tilling down 6-8 inches would likely disperse the manure enough so that it's safer for planting. No promises you want see bolting or excessive leaf growth (lack of fruiting).

This has me thinking also, is it bad to add a nitrogen rich amendment to a bed you anticipate planting peas or beans in? Seeing as they are Nitrogen fixing plants, I'm wondering if it's better to have low Nitrogen where we plant these.

good morning , my seed potatoes and onion sets have arrived they weren,t supposed to get here until next month .now i don,t know how to keep them .it,s so wet here (uk) i haven,t even got any beds ready and we are expecting more snow .the bottom end of my garden is flooded because the pond overflowed .all the talk about compost heaps make me want to sort mine but it,s in the flood area .i am itching to get outside again bring on summer !

I can move around but with a sms from the police or with a writtnen form. but that is to buy food, medicine, etc. they wouldn't agree that going to collect pine needles is a necessity.

I live on the island 15 minutes by ferry boat from peiraeus but I am not allowed to go there. only people who work there.

they say there are sick people here but no one knows anyone being sick from covid. this is a small island and when something really happens we learn it whithin 15 minutes. this covid thing is about anything but health. I don't even want to discuss it any more. when people start starving because of destroyed economies I just hope they will not come to steel my chickens and vegetables.

"I live on the island...."

One word - JEALOUS. :lol:

I started my artichokes yesterday I’m growing Green Globe and Imperial Star. Never could find any info about seed starting pots so I put them in the 4 inch pots and hopefully that’s plenty of space. I also took pics of my seed starting set up this year.
D2D3D14F-BE8F-41C1-A28C-5EB26A523F13.jpeg
F9B5FFEA-694F-49D5-B852-18535F80B4AA.jpeg

I started my artichokes yesterday I’m growing Green Globe and Imperial Star. Never could find any info about seed starting pots so I put them in the 4 inch pots and hopefully that’s plenty of space. I also took pics of my seed starting set up this year.View attachment 2490410View attachment 2490411
I don't mean to sound immature, but your sweet potatoes look like dolphins. :lau What's that light fixture in the same picture?

Back
Top Bottom