What did you do in the garden today?

The animal hair really gets to hubby.... He hates it. He grumbles about it almost every day. But the kids and I would be heartbroken if our furbabies were banished outside. They are part of the family.
SO swears he never had this much trouble with pet hair before. We have hardwood floors so it all accumulates at the corners. I suspect it was just matting into the carpet beforr and he just never noticed it. He's just instated a rule of no dogs on the couch or his bed, which is much better than his complaints about the hair haha. And I still get to cuddle anyone I want in my bed. :celebrate
Of course the cats are immune to the couch rule because ...cats.

I just found a new vegetable - Chinese artichoke (aka crosnes). These things look bizarre, but sound interesting. They were described as crisp and juicy with a mild artichoke flavor.

1611290173456.png

SO swears he never had this much trouble with pet hair before. We have hardwood floors so it all accumulates at the corners. I suspect it was just matting into the carpet beforr and he just never noticed it. He's just instated a rule of no dogs on the couch or his bed, which is much better than his complaints about the hair haha. And I still get to cuddle anyone I want in my bed. :celebrate
Of course the cats are immune to the couch rule because ...cats.

ha ha...I think your SO and my hubby must be related. Yeah, we have the same experience with the hardwood floors....it accumulates along the walls or any obstacle such as the couch. We had a rule when our pup was little that she couldn't be on the couch. It was pointless to try to keep reprimanding her so we finally gave in. She made the couch her bed right off the bat so that's where the most annoying hair collects. It got too much of a pain to keep pulling out the big vacuum so that's why I bought the Shark wandvac. It's a lot more convenient but DH still grumbles about it. We have baby gates up though so she can't go anywhere except the living room. Bedrooms and kitchen are strictly off limits.

Harvested some delicious spinach and brussels sprouts today. This afternoon, I will sow some Shishito Pepper seeds - might seem a bit early to do so, but peppers always take a while to germinate and develop here and I would like to set out nice sized plants when the weather warms. Now to send you some photographic color! House plants needed to be watered today and here is a minimal sampling of coleus cuttings that I had earlier rooted and potted. They make a colorful regiment as they parade across the window sills here and the remaining photos illustrate how lush and vibrant they were last summer. Beyond flowers, foliage can definitely add a punch of color to outdoor ornamental plantings. Best of all, the numerous resident deer avoided munching on them so not only will potted coleus appear along the entrance walkway, but many will be incorporated into the landscape with direct planting into the ornamental beds. Hope you have some time for gardening today too!

Potted Coleus 002 (2).JPG

Coleus 005 (3).JPG

Coleus 004 (2).JPG

Coleus 003 (2).JPG

Coleus 001 (3).JPG

Back
Top Bottom