What did you do in the garden today?

I was a good girl and trimmed the parakeet wings and once I had the car warmed up I went ahead and got to the feed store and got a couple bags for the ladies. They'll officially be hens before too long and averaging about 4 or 5 eggs a day now, should get even better once the sun does it's job. Oh, and they're saying we might have snow flurries tomorrow morning. Not that'll stick but it'll be our first snow in the new house.

All in all today I worked on the wheel barrow carved a new handle and put it on the rake, pulled some weeds and fed them to the chickens, put the stakes in for the 9x4 fenced garden and finally raked still more pine straw but I can’t move it until I get the new tire for the wheel barrow. The storms they have been promising have finally got here and the power keeps flickering. Oh and we are now under a tornado watch :oops:

All in all today I worked on the wheel barrow carved a new handle and put it on the rake, pulled some weeds and fed them to the chickens, put the stakes in for the 9x4 fenced garden and finally raked still more pine straw but I can’t move it until I get the new tire for the wheel barrow. The storms they have been promising have finally got here and the power keeps flickering. Oh and we are now under a tornado watch :oops:

Good grief we have never had any close out here :bowPlease be safe

:fl Be safe!

look at my beautiful dirt haha
View attachment 2502897
I've spent probably 10 hours on that one plot, crumbling up clay and clay adjacent and pulling out rocks

good work! I understand the amount of work. Whoever put in the first raised beds here must have looked far snd wide for the most awful clay soil to put into the raised beds. Clods that were huge and took a lot of effort to break down. Three seasons we’ve worked in the beds to break it up snd sme d the soil. It’s getting better, but still needs more organic material like compost. Luckily. Our first big batch of compost should be ready this spring!

Back
Top Bottom