What did you do in the garden today?

đź‘Ť I was just curious, my trusty garden book says to wait till the end of the month to start peppers indoors. I don't want to transplant them at all, just directly into the garden so I'm gonna wait a couple more weeks.

Yeah, I was going to wait a little longer, but with the nice weather recently, it puts gardening in mind!

Yeah, I was going to wait a little longer, but with the nice weather recently, it puts gardening in mind!
Tis the season! I should have typed I'm going to TRY to wait a couple more weeks to start the seeds. :gig

I always get an early start on the garden compared to others because I need to get it done before allergy season. If I have to, I cover stuff. So I may wait till this weekend. :lau

Overpriced IMO, but this is a neat concept.
https://tertill.com/
OMG I will have to make sure DP doesn't see that, she'd want one just cuz it's so cute! I do too actually but with raised beds we'd have to hire someone to carry it between the beds all day. :lol:

I love the smell of marigolds, both the foliage and the flowers, but then again, I love the smell of tomato vines too. Good thing too about the marigolds since I've scattered the seeds everywhere when I tidied the garden at the end of the season last year.

Yesterday I only got the fireworks and early girl seeds planted because we finally got the new deer cat fencing put up around the bird bath and feeder area. It's so fine I'm worried we be catching the birds and the cats will thank us for making it so convenient. We'll see, no causalities so far this morning. Planning on starting a bunch more tomato, pepper, and other assorted seeds today and maybe seed a few of the hardier stuff directly in the beds.

Going to make a store run in a few to get that ice cream and other probably more important things picked up and get out and about a little. OH! and I have frozen soup dumplings in this order so that's cool too!

I went out to the garden shed and got the pitchfork. Compost pile is still hard as a rock. :hmm The garden is still all white.

But it's supposed to be in the 40s this week, and sunny! Spring is certainly on its way. It just moseys. And dilly dallys. And takes it sweet ol' time.

I saw that weeder thingie on "This Old House." There are little barrier things you can set up to protect the tiny plants from being torn up. Not worth it, IMHO. I'll pull up the baby weeds for the chickens.

Has anyone grown anything in a straw bale?

I have one that I used as a wind/snow block for the chickens for the winter. I don't need it & was thinking instead of it going to waste I could grow some squash in it away from the garden! Thoughts?
I know people do sweet potatoes in straw. Not sure about squash?

Back
Top Bottom