What did you do in the garden today?

I'm glad to hear lids should be showing up again this summer.

@NewBoots I need to plant some more rosemary too, my big plant that is like 20 years old just isn't doing too well anymore, it's just had it. I think I'll take some cuttings from it & start over & get some new dirt in that pot.

They say we may see 60 next week!:celebrate I can't wait for the snow (it's really just 4 inches of compacted ice now) to melt. I need to clean the heated water buckets, they're turning green. (& that's a good sign!) Hopefully I can turn the compost soon.

Speaking of...DH is bringing those pallets home today, my first spring project - yay!

Got about another 7 or 8 feet of fence done yesterday. Planted the Hostas, lilies, and peony. I think today I’m going to work on the fence some more and try direct sowing some cabbage, broccoli, collards, beets and carrots. Don’t know how much I’ll get done but I’m going to try! I also need to get chard, daylily, Iris, in the ground and mulch all the flower beds but that’s not happening today. I think we have enough lids for canning this year.

Anybody have experience propogating roses from cuttings?
My grandmother passed away a month ago. She kept rose bushes in her yard that she adored. I want to plant some roses on the side of our house, and thought it would be nice if I could keep hers living on through a propogated plant. The tricky part is, I'm not sure how much new growth has started on them this year. Do I need new growth, or just a peice of live branch?

You can water?
When you have room in the canner, canning water is suggested. For all of the Texans that currently do not have clean water, canned water would help. It’s handy for mixing with baby formula, and I use it (why is this so embarrassing?) when I’m doing a saline rinse.

Anybody have experience propogating roses from cuttings?
My grandmother passed away a month ago. She kept rose bushes in her yard that she adored. I want to plant some roses on the side of our house, and thought it would be nice if I could keep hers living on through a propogated plant. The tricky part is, I'm not sure how much new growth has started on them this year. Do I need new growth, or just a peice of live branch?
Live branch.

Back
Top Bottom