What did you do in the garden today?

I hate wallpaper removal. Even done right it can be a tremendous pain depending on how old and what kind and what kind of glue. I have a few tricks though if it might help. Score it with a box knife first, spritz with water/dawn dish soap mix, let soak for ten-fifteen minutes, then scrape

We used a tool called a tigers paw that you roll on the wall like you're washing it down, it micro perforated the paper. THen sprayed it with a solution that broke down the glues and it just peeled right off the wall. Now grass-paper was another nightmare altogether.

Oh man, I wish we had had that tiger's paw when we were stripping wallpaper in our old house years ago. There were 4-5 layers, and they had painted over some of the layers. We chipped it off, sometimes a quarter square inch at a time. It was plaster on lath underneath. The house was probably built in the 30s? 40s? It looked a lot nicer when we sold it than when we bought it.

Well, I stabbed the compost with the pitchfork. Still hard as a rock. Sigh.

My mom's doctors thought it was tendonitis or something similar since she had weakness and shooting pain when she tried to lift stuff, especially with her arm bent so the elbow was taking weight. But there was no "injury" that she could point to as the starting point. Anyway, maybe worth a try if it's that or surgery or something.

If it came down to surgery, I would definitely make sure I've tried every other avenue first....including a chiropractor. Surgery is ALWAYS a last resort in my book. My symptoms are certainly almost a textbook case of tennis elbow. Although I wouldn't say anything I do is super strenuous, there are a lot of repetitive "chores" that I do on the farm so any number of ways I could have injured it.

I guess it looks like I'm doomed to alternating hot & cold compresses and actually RESTING it for a full 4-6 weeks. At least, that is what I THINK they are going to tell me.

Made me smile.
Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 5.17.40 PM.png

Went to look up some info on a packet of seeds I purchased last year from Seed Savers. Here is their message at top of their screen:

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 5.15.54 PM.png

Wow! Must be pretty busy, lots of orders.

My current home project, always nicer to do any demo when can open up the windows and doors more easily.

This was 2 closets. I'm standing where the coat closet was at. The farther portion was a bedroom closet. on the other side of the right wall is the DR. Where the blue carpet is at on the left is the bedroom (just a smaller extra bedroom).

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 5.20.22 PM.png

The plan is to close up the wall in the bedroom (and build a smaller closet in there, on the same wall as the door into the room which cannot be seen here). Then, we open up the wall on the right to put base cabinets with a nice counter that faces the DR. That wall is not load bearing, and we are leaving the corner of the right wall, because we will close up the wall where I am standing. The base cabinets will be inset, the wall above will be nice for hanging decorative items. It will modernize that area, and since we do not have a basement, will add easy storage. It is a manageable project....it seems right now anyway!

Back
Top Bottom