What did you do in the garden today?

WOW!!! :bow

Sorry, couldn't resist.
:lau I didn’t see that until you pointed it out. Fixed it now.
I finally got all of the plants potted up that I had to get done today. I’ve got maybe 30 peppers and eggplants that will need potted up and some flowers but that’s all I have left now. I’m exhausted. It took the better part of 7 hours to get all those plants potted! And now I’m out of dirt again....

Picked up a few bins of composted goat poop from a friend (poop + straw). Looks a lot like dirt - it was from last fall when they sold all their goats, so it has composted outdoors for about 6 months - assume it is safe to use directly on the garden?
Goat poo can be used fresh. Lucky you.

Oh, I also found this today...any ideas what it is? Still pretty small...main leaf is maybe 3 inches long?

Attachments

• 20210416_181922.jpg
    20210416_181922.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210416_181915.jpg
    20210416_181915.jpg
    813.4 KB · Views: 3
Beware of clean top soil.. bought 7 yards once to fill blow sand.. of composted cow manure. $175 long, long ago.. Still question that.. could have been a stinker.. Last time I ordered 2.5 yards of composted pig excrements.. from someone somebody knew.. No longer need go to the auto parts store.. Just dig the raised beds.. Buyer Beware, it is your responsibility. That's the dirt, I make my own from my own.. Chicken Little Poo.. have too much.. Too much is better than not enough. Joe & Kamala

Oh yes.... I know that story in my own way. They dredge the river out here. Lots of people want their fill dirt from these dredges because of the high nutrient value from decomposed vegetation in the water. My neighbor (who is retired from the Highway Dept and spent many years pushing dirt) said he was getting a load of some of the good dredge and wanted to know if I wanted to split it. The guy showed up and one look at the dirt told us both that he had a bridge to sell in Brooklyn too... It was chuck full of rocks and sticks and all kinds of garbage. We refused it... I found a different guy from a reference at the quarry who brought me the clean topsoil. That dirt pile has been sitting next to my barn for over a year now and it STILL cuts like butter... I've never seen dirt so clean.

Oh, I also found this today...any ideas what it is? Still pretty small...main leaf is maybe 3 inches long?
I’ve seen it before but not sure what it’s called. Apparently there is an App called the blossom app. You take a picture with the app and it tells you what it is. The name is “blossom plant identification.”

Picked up a few bins of composted goat poop from a friend (poop + straw). Looks a lot like dirt - it was from last fall when they sold all their goats, so it has composted outdoors for about 6 months - assume it is safe to use directly on the garden?
It’s safe. I think goat poop is a cold manure and 6 months is usually when manure is considered pathogen safe.

Oh yes.... I know that story in my own way. They dredge the river out here. Lots of people want their fill dirt from these dredges because of the high nutrient value from decomposed vegetation in the water. My neighbor (who is retired from the Highway Dept and spent many years pushing dirt) said he was getting a load of some of the good dredge and wanted to know if I wanted to split it. The guy showed up and one look at the dirt told us both that he had a bridge to sell in Brooklyn too... It was chuck full of rocks and sticks and all kinds of garbage. We refused it... I found a different guy from a reference at the quarry who brought me the clean topsoil. That dirt pile has been sitting next to my barn for over a year now and it STILL cuts like butter... I've never seen dirt so clean.
Congratulations..!

Back
Top Bottom