What did you do in the garden today?

Good afternoon gardeners. I haven’t done anything in the garden today, but we are home from our 300 mile road trip to get a duck. I got a Swedish Blue/black Indian Runner drake today. There is such a huge difference in how chickens react to newbies compared to ducks. Chickens get all mad and chase the newbies off. Ducks are not as brutal. I have everyone in the small yard together and will keep them there for the rest of today and maybe tomorrow as well. The drake is 2 years old with the Swedish Blue shape but he’s all black. Here’s a couple pics but I haven’t seen him out in the sun yet so these are with him in the shade
View attachment 2621996View attachment 2621997
It looks like someone cut a duck shape out of your pictures!!!:lol:

One more night of hard Freeze for us, then we're off to the races.
35 and the wind is howling today, so it feels like 22 currently.
The greenhouse is a toasty 80. Tomorrow is the day the seed shack gets moved down there. Any nights below 40 from here on out will have me moving things to the workshop.

If her henhouse is anything like mine, a chicken could have ripped off her hand! I have a buff orp who pecks at you or pulls your hem, until you pet her. LOL.

Laundry day, and sewing day. I'm adding 1940s style hair wrap ties to the shop and they're cute as a button. Making myself some too. My hair is at that annoying middle stage.

MIGHT consider making bagel boards today and maybe bagels in the brick oven this week.

I'd like to pick up some more flower seeds and get them started for the sale in a few weeks. I think things will speed up in their growing once I get them in the warmer hot house.

Hope everyone has a great and productive day. :)

OK, I took a quick run down to the garden for a VERY cursory glance. There appears to be some casualties. My Catawba grapes are looking very wilted and sorry. I think they are a loss...

I saw a couple of other plants that are similarly wilted - a couple of straightneck squash, an Anaheim pepper, a watermelon. Everything else looks decently intact. I'll have to inspect closer later this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom