What did you do in the garden today?

I absolutely HATE the feeling of my hair on my face. It's in a ponytail just about every minute I'm awake.

When I have to actually style it to look professional on camera for work, I feel annoyed because it takes 20 minutes

My teen has long hair. Currently practicing for a play set in the 20s. The hair needs to be styled into an appropriate style. A bobbed style. Now I know how to make long hair into a Bob, AND how to get that classics “S-curve” aka “finger waves”. It takes A Lot of time, many pins, and lots of hairspray. To do the hair and makeup has been taking nearly 2 hours...partly bc we are learning (thanks YouTube).
I cut my waist length hair
Oldest had nearly waist length hair. But was going to basic training in June-August in Texas. So she cut her hair to a very short (but feminine) style. She has so much hair on her head, it is hard to see her scalp, so we read that sometimes hair can get moldy during basic bc they have to put up hair into buns when still wet. Yup, that helped make the decision- her hair would have never dried out in a bun. Now that she’s almost done with active duty, she’s growing out her hair again bc she misses the long hair.

Need to plant parsnips still... Maybe this afternoon when I finish working. The garden is just about as rabbit proof as I can make it, so I'm more comfortable planting things out there. The bed I'm targeting for the parsnips as well as the one next to it with lettuce, carrots and radishes was ransacked by rabbits last year. They are lower in height so the rabbits go for them. Next year I might plant onion and garlic in these lower beds as the rabbits tend to leave those plants alone. But the wire I put up last week SHOULD keep the rabbits out.

As an afterthought, I checked on my Egyptian Walking Onions and garlic. They all seem to be fine; the freeze didn't bother them. And freeze it did. There was a small puddle of ice in the corner of cart down by the garden.

It's up to 41. Still feels too darn cold with the breeze to go out and get my hands into the dirt.

It's lunch time, any way!

As an afterthought, I checked on my Egyptian Walking Onions and garlic. They all seem to be fine; the freeze didn't bother them. And freeze it did. There was a small puddle of ice in the corner of cart down by the garden.

It's up to 41. Still feels too darn cold with the breeze to go out and get my hands into the dirt.

It's lunch time, any way!
Lunch time... I'm jealous. Working straight through 9am-3pm without a break unless this current workshop manages to end a bit early (supposed to go to 1pm and I have another session to lead that starts at 1pm) - mentally exhausting. The kitchen is just steps away, but not sure I'll get there until dinner is being planned already.

My teen has long hair. Currently practicing for a play set in the 20s. The hair needs to be styled into an appropriate style. A bobbed style. Now I know how to make long hair into a Bob, AND how to get that classics “S-curve” aka “finger waves”. It takes A Lot of time, many pins, and lots of hairspray. To do the hair and makeup has been taking nearly 2 hours...partly bc we are learning (thanks YouTube).

Oldest had nearly waist length hair. But was going to basic training in June-August in Texas. So she cut her hair to a very short (but feminine) style. She has so much hair on her head, it is hard to see her scalp, so we read that sometimes hair can get moldy during basic bc they have to put up hair into buns when still wet. Yup, that helped make the decision- her hair would have never dried out in a bun. Now that she’s almost done with active duty, she’s growing out her hair again bc she misses the long hair.
I'd be slapping a wig on that kid.

I'd be on the floor, curled up in a fetal position by then. Or snapping at everything and everybody. But nope, my blood sugar is fine, according to every test I've ever had.
I was actually getting nauseous myself. Thankfully, DW just brought me a sandwich to help me get through.

So here are the sprouted seeds , dry soil moist and sprinkled on pro mix .
DSCN1046.JPG
DSCN1047.JPG
DSCN1048.JPG

Back
Top Bottom