What did you do in the garden today?

In other news, holy smokes, I just found out today that the place we're moving to may be fine about us having chickens and a garden! Yeah! I'll need to clarify with the landlady a little better when we get there, but it's a little ray of sunshine I wasn't expecting to get.

Sounds like potentially good news. Hope it works out that way.

Well, today in the garden I built a fence around my raised bed! I will post some pictures tomorrow (I forgot to take some today) but I think it looks pretty good! I also did some weeding around the outside of my raised bed, and it looks a lot neater now. All I have to do now is the fun part (in my opinion), which is planting! I'm doing that next weekend. Defiantly made some good progress towards finishing my garden today!

Hey question to all.
I can't resist to help seedlings out when the seeds are still encaseing the first leaves, is that like helping a butterfly out of a caccoon? Does anyone else do this or is it just the mother in me :bow anyway does any one know does this affect plant strength??
I have done this plenty myself. I often notice that the initial leaves are warped from being stuck in the seed casing. Once the first real leaves firm the plant thrive just as well any other.

I lived in So Cal for almost 30 years, I’m well acquainted! I’m just next door in AZ now. Out of the frying pan, into the fire so to speak.
The news here has been doing a series on the drought conditions and increasing temperatures. Our average rainfall has decreased by almost an inch in the last 30 years. Used to be just above 8” and now it’s just above 7”. I’m curious how So Cal is faring in that regard, it can’t be good. I remember learning about the aqueduct and how it transformed So Cal from desert to a lush, green oasis but now there’s a lot of talk about water rights between states and countries as well. It’s getting kinda scary these days.
Yes it is. The changes are real. 😬

Hey question to all.
I can't resist to help seedlings out when the seeds are still encaseing the first leaves, is that like helping a butterfly out of a caccoon? Does anyone else do this or is it just the mother in me :bow anyway does any one know does this affect plant strength??
I do it too. Just have to be careful not to tear anything. It makes it much easier if you gently mist it a few minutes before. And misting any stuck ones regularly usually helps them wiggle out on their own.

Duckling accidentally pulled some mint up with the roots, so I put it in a pot on the porch. It would be nice to have some handy. I’ve actually never used it before. I always forget. She handed me some more leaves, and I put it in tea. Turns out I like mint tea. :thumbsup:lol: She doesn’t.

I didn't like mint tea till I went to tunisia for holidays. they make green tea with fresh mint. it is my favourite tea now.

Back from the city. My 6.5 year old dishwasher just up and died. It's always been a PIA lemon, but NOW it chooses to die. Waiting list time for an out of USA one is over a month. In stock is limited to USA models, which is fine, but I happen to know a lot of them don't last. But it is what it is and the wait time is STILL three weeks to get it here.

Sales were better today, but all cookies and girls dresses. I did well enough this weekend at the shop, but still not worth my time.

I had a LONG think on it last night and I am going to eliminate my etsy shop May 31st. Etsy is pulling some things I think are bordering on shady, and I'll leave it at that. I hope to get a website/store online eventually for my woven items. We shall see.

No gardening today except watering the beans. Welcome rain is coming, storms are too, although they are not welcome at all. The wind has been ridiculous.

my 18 yo dishwasher does not take water (probably the pump died). I open the door, pour warm water with a bowl, close the door and it works. for rinsing I repeat. as I hope to move to my new place soon I do not intend to get a new dishwasher here.

Back
Top Bottom