What did you do in the garden today?

OMG @NewBoots - we need pics & an update on how it went!

I hear there was a frost around last night. I haven't been outside, a slow start here. The littles made it through the gauntlet of big girls to get in the big coop for their 2nd night last night, I didn't even have to intervene. That went better than I ever imagined. :yesss:
Don’t you love that?! And that’s exactly what it is, poor little things!

Good morning and Happy Mother’s Day.

it’s a cold and soggy day here. Rain all day..lots of it. Woke up to much standing water and flowing streams already! Won’t break 50F today, so turned on the pellet stove.

We are working on improving the fence for the chicken run. Got the south side done bc we want to plant some gourds on that side for shade, and didn’t want the holes to get completely filled with water today.

no gardening today.

DH hid my old glasses this morning so I'd be forced to put on my new pair- that I picked up in February. (I asked him to.) Switching to a new prescription for me is a dreaded task. SO I put on my new pair and saw a smudge. Um OK, sloppy tech left finger prints all over one lens. I spray them off and put them back on. It's like looking through a fishbowl.
Still a smudge. Take them off. UGH A CHIP! RIGHT in the middle of my vision spot. I AM PISSED. The only one to have touched these is the tech. I haven't even had them out of the hard case since I picked them up in February. She had to have known she did it.

Two hour round trip to yell at them tomorrow and then back again in a week to get them. Fricky frack.

Hello, gardeners! Crummy weather here too so far. It rained all night and is supposed to continue all morning. The ground is saturated and there's puddles forming. It's good to have rain, but this is a bit of extra rain. There's a light at the end of the tunnel - it's supposed to clear up this afternoon.

Happy Mother's Day to all the gardening moms. I hope you are able to enjoy the day. The kids and I will be taking DW to a sushi restaurant for dinner to celebrate her day. She LOVES sushi.

All I’ve done in the garden is water some weeds so I can pull them at some point. Took the pups to the park early, still not going into the dog park area because people are rude, stupid, or both but so far no issues with the park ranger. Knock wood. They are currently having a nap and we just tried duck eggs for breakfast. I made them sunny side up on half a piece of toast and like them better than chicken eggs! I found them to be milder in flavor and to have a more pleasant texture as well. The kids also tried them and liked them. I guess switching to ducks was a good move for us because the little dood can’t wait to tell his friends at school he eats duck eggs for breakfast. Nerd, I would do that lol. The boy and granddaughter should be stopping by at some point today so I need to clean up the geranium I got for my DIL a bit and we need to do some grocery shopping. Have a great day all.

We are working on improving the fence for the chicken run.

Yep, me too. Just got the stakes down to visualize the new run. It will be 3X bigger than what I currently have. Have a few things to clean up and move before the new fence can go in, but might get that done today.

Happy Mother’s Day to all to chicken Mommies! And to you other Mothers
A42E4E1B-0C21-4292-8271-00BFD77AAB45.jpeg
too!

Yep, me too. Just got the stakes down to visualize the new run. It will be 3X bigger than what I currently have. Have a few things to clean up and move before the new fence can go in, but might get that done today.
We won’t be increasing the size (well, not much anyway), but replacing the fence, adding an apron. The goal is to hopefully make it predator proof and very secure so no worries about anything getting in or change Chen’s getting out.

Back
Top Bottom