What did you do in the garden today?

I wanted an aloe plant, but so many other things were going on, including chicks in the car during another snow, I got out of there as fast as I could. This is the first flowering plant I’ve ever bought for myself. I’m now officially old. I suddenly like indoor plants.
192F5E78-D808-4B2E-92AB-3ABD6482E7EF.jpeg

Its Mothers Day and Mrs Robin is going to have a big family it appears!

This is on the North side of the house. Up to 4 eggs as of yesterday!
Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 7.18.20 PM.png

Now there is another Robin couple setting up their nest on a deck light. - Nicely protected under the roof eaves. So, we might be able to see 2 sets of Robins parent their offspring!

I got nothing done in the garden today, other than uncovering the strawberries this morning, then covering them back up.

But I did bottle my batch of 'booch (Kombucha). And I slept in until 10. :thumbsup
Nice! I don’t think that’s possible for me. I might make 6 or at the very latest 7 once in a blue moon. I would enjoy a nap most afternoons though!

I hear you, I'm torn between the madness of more chickens and the love of the tiny peepers. Here's the first not very good pic, I'll be taking individual pics later to make naming easier (not cuz we already love the little poopers, oh not at all :))
View attachment 2660260

And here's some garden pics:
View attachment 2660269
That's Lucy, she's 17 and doing pretty good for her age.

View attachment 2660270
Heh, she got in both pics.

View attachment 2660271
View attachment 2660272

So pleased with the garden, it's just going nuts.
Looks great!

Not much in the garden today. It rained until noon. Then we went and did some shopping. I grabbed 4 small flowering plants (forgot what they are..) from Walmart for $1.49 each to plant with our citronella plant for some color. Then we went out to dinner at a sushi restaurant to show DW some love and appreciation, and I constantly worried about DS because of his shellfish allergy, followed by a stop at the ice cream parlor for dessert. Now e are home again and I'm in for a busy work week and crappy weather.

Oh, in the short time I did spend in the garden between shopping and dinner I noticed that our drake had done some damage to the glass gem corn. He has mustered the strength the past few days to get over the 3 1/2 ft fence that separates the ducks from the garden. At first I thought he squeezed through the fence pickets, but then I managed to barely fly back in when I fried to catch him. He coming out for a snack, and not just insects.

I hear you, I'm torn between the madness of more chickens and the love of the tiny peepers. Here's the first not very good pic, I'll be taking individual pics later to make naming easier (not cuz we already love the little poopers, oh not at all :))
View attachment 2660260

And here's some garden pics:
View attachment 2660269
That's Lucy, she's 17 and doing pretty good for her age.

View attachment 2660270
Heh, she got in both pics.

View attachment 2660271
View attachment 2660272

So pleased with the garden, it's just going nuts.
Thanks. The peepers are adorable- live the white ones. Lucy is sweet looking and I am pea green with envy over your beds- I only have 2.

Its Mothers Day and Mrs Robin is going to have a big family it appears!

This is on the North side of the house. Up to 4 eggs as of yesterday!
View attachment 2660513

Now there is another Robin couple setting up their nest on a deck light. - Nicely protected under the roof eaves. So, we might be able to see 2 sets of Robins parent their offspring!
Just beautiful. I have a sparrow nest in my patio light/ fan. I see her bringing bugs, but don’t know how long to wait to clear out the nest- after it is empty. Last year a mockingbird made its nest there. After we emptied it out and turned on the light, the burning bird poop stench nearly got us.

Back
Top Bottom