20210510_115405.jpg
20210510_115453.jpg
20210510_115531.jpg
20210510_115621.jpg
20210510_115705.jpg
20210510_115755.jpg
20210510_115843.jpg
20210510_115916.jpg

Hopefully good layers, stinking cute now.

Supplies...we want to replace the fence, so we had one 100’ roll of welded wire (1x2, 14 gauge, 4’ width). Went to pick up another roll. BUT supplies low, long delays. I called around...hard to find. I called the company that made the roll we have, they indicated about 2 month delay, in part bc employees don’t show up for work!! But also slow to get raw materials. Anyway, I’m now in a waiting list at the local store so we can get some maybe in 2 months.

Looks good, however, the cukes are possibly going to overtake the tomatoes...they spread, and climb. If next to indeterminate tomatoes can end up with a cuke /tomato jungle. But, some cukes are “compact” so might not be an issue.
Im keeping the tomatoes determinate this year. I do have some cages and also stakes and twine for trellising. I don't mind searching but want to make sure they wont tear each other down while growing. I want another bed but may not be able to get it this year. Im not 100% sure, but I think I have compact cukes.

Im keeping the tomatoes determinate this year. I do have some cages and also stakes and twine for trellising. I don't mind searching but want to make sure they wont tear each other down while growing. I want another bed but may not be able to get it this year. Im not 100% sure, but I think I have compact cukes.
You should be ok then!

Full disclosure: I tend to overfill my beds...

I love the name "the dirty dozen". Reminds me of a grueling series of exercises we used to do in high school football practice that my coach would refer to as "the dirty dozen". Your version is much cuter.

Also, that's a heck of a lot of wood clamps in the back ground. Is that a wood shop? If so, I'll be so jealous. No room here for such a thing. If I ever get my few acres, I'll definitely have a shop for all sorts of things.
Yes, that's about 20% of our giant screw wood clamps. We have spring clamps, ratchet clamps, corner clamps, pipe clamps, you name it, we can clamp it, clip it, hold it. LOL. Yes, it is our woodshop, currently a giant dusty mess thanks to those cute 12.

Thanks! They are doing great but I might have to pull a good deal of garlic and shallots early, not enough room for the tomatoes! We'll see, I have a couple beds of greens and we and the critters can eat up all the greens pretty fast. I just learned that we can feed the fennel to the rabbits too so that'll clear a huge area. And you really can never have too many raise beds. It's reaching the point that I'm considering adding beds where we have a road now. mmmm...more beds... :drool

OMG, that is one lucky snake!

I am so glad I'm not the only one. I always tell DP that whatever is missing will show up and that's generally true.

That is so pretty, now I really do have to plant some. And those are pretty chicks, what kinds are they?

Got way too much to do, I have to make the divider for the coop so I can get these peepers out of my bathroom. I need to get most of the tomatoes and peppers planted or up-potted, got to get the watering and plant feeding done, we have critters to process, and I need to figure out where to put more raised beds. :) Oh and DP used the B&D Weeder/Mower yesterday and it worked a treat! Maybe too good, I think she over extended herself and is feeling poorly. I'll get the pavilion set up and give her a shady spot to just sit and enjoy the garden today.
4 Barred Rock, 4 Mutts, and 4 buff brahma

Back
Top Bottom