What did you do in the garden today?

Good afternoon gardeners. We are hovering in the mid 90s to low 100s now. Which is fine, it’s not 110+ so I’ll take it! Emptied and refilled the duck pool this morning but I’m definitely going to have to check under shrubs before I water...Bean has decided to lay her eggs under the foliage of the yellow bells in the xeriscape garden. She has a cute little divot in the much and everything. I found a tiny red cherry tomato on the plant which doesn’t bode well for size unfortunately. My plants are still fairly small but have plenty of fruit. The fruit is also small. I’ll be adding gypsum to the garden after I pull everything and then more soil to bring the level up to the top of the blocks before I plant in fall. I see tiny little squash on the plant now and still more flowers, that thing is prolific to say the least. I pulled the pool rings out today and a few of the garlic heads were decent but I’ll be ordering from somewhere other than southern exposure for this fall. Very disappointed with the results with years garlic. The cukes and melons look fine and so far the Arabian lilac remains unscathed. I need to head outside to take some measurements and then cut some tunnel fabric. Have a great afternoon all.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone was interested, this is where I get my seeds. I love the variety and have found some delicious heirlooms! One of mine and my hubby's favorites is the lemon squash 😉
https://www.rareseeds.com/

I need to cover the strawberries tonight. Hope it's the last night...

@Auntiejessi3, I LOVE Baker Creek! (rareseeds.com) If you get their print catalog, it has lots of interesting stuff. All that and more is probably on their website, but I still like to page through catalogs. Some time, I want to visit them.
I page through them for my spring and fall planting, lol, it's better than a chicken catalog(almost), I have found some great stuff! I'm glad you can relate 😁

Hi fellow gardeners, everyone sounds like everyone is keeping busy! I was all day in the garden again myself! Weeding, planting another greenhouse with veggies I have only one half of my large green house to go . Harvested last of red cabbage.I have to wait for June To get my outdoor beds planted. Divided other cymbidium and got 8 this time for a total of 15 plants out of 2 . Will put them in my Japanese garden tomorrow. Had lunch in the gazebo, goaties snoozed near by and olive, my olive Egger killed and ate my friend the fence lizzard that Iived in my compost bins😞. Wasn’t too smart of him to go into the chicken yard. Also I put up a fence trellis for my black berries to grow on. Whew pooped again! I always think I deserve ice cream after a day like today, so tonight is gonna be cookies and cream!
7B830722-A84E-49C4-814A-AA6F72064E42.jpeg
A0FF74AF-15CC-45E5-873B-8F025E04FA6E.jpeg
36173AB3-8960-4BEB-B878-EC88B138A0E4.jpeg
AA64F2F5-F77E-4D79-A150-2DF11E6B0F74.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom