this is what it looked like Feb. 2020, then I got a hold of it Hahahahahaha

IMG_0439.JPG
IMG_0440.JPG

And this is what it looks like this morning
IMG_0999.JPGIMG_1000.JPG

@The Moonshiner its 6:50am, raining, cup#2 here om BYC garden,
I'll be gearing up here soon, ,,
I got tagged to a gardening thread?
How ironic since I've never been into gardening but.....
I picked up my weed terminating trimmer mower at a memorial weekend auction.
I just happened to also not pass up snatching a tiller like this one up.
download_1_05daa809-299e-4e7e-afb4-a3149eee7864_grande.jpg

My mini me is excited to start a garden. It's late in the season so that will wait till next spring.
We were contemplating on trying out some crazy decorative pumpkins and gourds for fall harvest though.

Great job and your brush clearing. I've been doing a little here and there about every other day. Probably have about 3/4 acre cleaned and running out of places that need it.

I got tagged to a gardening thread?
How ironic since I've never been into gardening but.....
I picked up my weed terminating trimmer mower at a memorial weekend auction.
I just happened to also not pass up snatching a tiller like this one up.
View attachment 2717906
My mini me is excited to start a garden. It's late in the season so that will wait till next spring.
We were contemplating on trying out some crazy decorative pumpkins and gourds for fall harvest though.

Great job and your brush clearing. I've been doing a little here and there about every other day. Probably have about 3/4 acre cleaned and running out of places that need it.
Great Find!!! I so wish we wernt so hilly and I could use something like a brush hog. Hahaha I also dream of having my own Kabuto s/p, hehehe

Actually now is a great time to start a garden. It takes time to make the garden area, till it or do raised beds or the Back to Eden method with wood chips.

Amend the soil, think about what you want to grow, and then getting a seed book, like Territorial Seed, or go on line. If they are out of seed you want you and say-email me when available, seed sells out FAST!! I love the Down To Earth products for fertilizers.

well, headed outside now,, I am so glad you got those great tools!!!

I just did a little checking on things and tied up a few more tomatoes. Squashed some squash bugs and sprayed more aphids. I'm enjoying the hammock and listening to a book on tape. Thinking I really need a pedicure. My toe cuticles are dirty from working in the mud in rubber sandals. Sorry if that was over sharing.:D

Yep....I pretty much have to shower after every trip to the garden these days....

Last edited:
Great Find!!! I so wish we wernt so hilly and I could use something like a brush hog. Hahaha I also dream of having my own Kabuto s/p, hehehe

My DH and I fought over what "tool" we needed to buy next. He wanted a tractor. I wanted a 4 wheeler.

I won. 😏 Although now he admits that he really enjoys the 4 wheeler and it is probably more useful on a day-to-day stuff than a tractor would be.

@The Moonshiner, we have one of those DR trimmers like you mentioned in another thread. Amazing things. We're about out if heavy cord for it and considering ones of those blades they make for them. Do you have any experience with the blades? Seems like you just got one, so maybe not.
I'm not sure if mines like a DR or not.
Mines a Husqvarna like this.
085388592514_08188618.jpg

Ya I just got it and grabbed a spool of the biggest string they had. 155 I believe.
It's been destroying everything but small trees and up. I'll see how long $20 of string lasts and go from there.
The blades have crossed my mind.

After getting almost 15 inches of rain in the past month, it hasn't rained in 5 days. And no rain in the forecast until maybe early next week. I went ahead and watered the garden this morning. Some of my plants in my raised beds were looking a little peaked.

And I'm feeling pretty depressed about my blueberries. They were doing GREAT until we started getting all this rain. Suddenly they started going down hill....getting really chlorotic. I treated them with more sulphur and fertilizer. But I think in my rush to fix the problem, I burned the roots.... I've had one 2 yr old blueberry bush die on me. Two more have leaves that are turning brown and dying. Not sure what else to do.... 😭😭😭 I've been trying to grow blueberries for 2+ years now and I keep killing them. I've probably spent $300+ on blueberry plants. Do you know how many blueberries you can buy for that much money? Maybe I should just stop trying...

First big harvest this morning with the first picking of squash and green beans!
C2973531-0172-4F64-9990-332A2CD8EB41.jpeg

Spent about 3 hours in the garden this morning. Finally strung half of the tomatoes trellis and tied up the plants. Replanted 100ft of corn and weeded 50ft of squash. It finally got to hot to be out there though. And I’m out of sunscreen and clean fishing shirts.

Back
Top Bottom