What did you do in the garden today?

Two and a half, and no bath tub sadly. But books we do! Sometimes it works.

Still kinda hot outside to work. Might just water and call it good.
Back in 1983-85 we didnt have a tub, we were off grid in a big cabin.
I bought a wash tub, I still have it. I would sit in it filled to the top, prop my leg on a foot stool to shave my legs. hahahahahah

Today, grandpa is coming out of the knife shop to cut the big maple stump and 2 madrone stumps & a few downed trees that were buried in the tall salal I cut down. Next to / close by to the left of the big leaf maple is a big stump I cut all the spring suckers off it, the ground drops off 6 feet there that thing is actual pretty big with hip deep pockets around it. I need to cut the salal around the madrone stump and move along southeast along the property line, all flagged with pink tape.

1623762420043.jpeg

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Last edited:
View attachment 2719136View attachment 2719137The oldest grandson is helping Grandpa by assembling a red cart. You can just see him in the green shorts!
Oh, and my son dug out about 2 feet of chicken manure from the “dirt” floor chicken coop.
Love these pictures! I hope these are cherished memories they will carry with them forever.... Helping grandma and grandpa out at the farm! :) I wish more kids had an interest in learning to garden instead of just playing video games, snapchat, etc...

We are having our first heat wave this year, so watering plants this morning. My veggie and rose area.

View attachment 2719230

Also this is my first year planting different kinds of broccoli and califlower, quite exciting.
View attachment 2719231
View attachment 2719232

A very sunny day, happy gardening everyone!

View attachment 2719235
View attachment 2719237
I need to bag my broccoli like that... Picking out worms is no fun.... Great pictures! Lovely garden....

Oh, my, can I relate to that! A nice warm mug of coffee to wrap the hands around helps. The arms... if ibuprofen doesn't help, I just have to wait it out.

Gotta go water now.
I use aspercream on my hands before I put my gloves on and after I am done, salon-pas are great on the lower back and shins at night for leg cramps. A good long soak with Epsom salt is the best, I have a 103yr old cast iron tub that stays hot for over an hour.
00562b2fa0dc3a00322ab2b294301556.jpg

Up at 6am.
The temperature was only 71 degrees but the humidity was still off the charts.
I sprayed the alpacas down with fly spray.
The garden is now mulched, weeded, and the tomatoes side dressed fed, everything watered.
The weeds are taken care of around all out buildings.
Cut a limb off the mulberry with newly hatched bag worms, ICK.
Put the left over grass mulch in the composting bins.
As soon as I cool down, I'm off to a well water shower. Phew.

Tomorrow I'll trim back the iris' and feed the orchard for the last time this summer.
I know there is an irrigation line out there that needs repaired. Might tackle that too, if I have the parts.

20210615_085223.jpg

Back
Top Bottom