What did you do in the garden today?

Just some harvesting today. The police are hunting a guy from a car chase in our area so I’m limiting my time away from the house today. I got my first tomatoes and cukes though!View attachment 2721271View attachment 2721272

I got a shiver of revulsion....🤮 How can you touch that thing without gloves on? Ick.....

What can I say? I'm a weenie when it comes to bugs. If I have gloves on, perfectly fine....

They are actually extremely soft and don’t bite. They make excellent fishing bait and the chickens love them.
My garden is too far away from where my chickens are located. The nasty creature would probably wiggle and I'd end up flinging it away out of revulsion before I even got 10 steps out of the garden. :sick:sick:sick:sick:sick

They spend more time out from under the brooder plate and roosting on top of it.
My chicks are two weeks old tomorrow, and they are doing the same thing. I take this as a good sign that they are warm enough, but not too warm.

I did a lot of string trimming today. The grass isn't really growing, except near the garden. It's crunchy dry and brown. The only thing growing in the grass are seed stalks, like the plant is trying to reproduce before it goes dormant or dies from lack of water.

currently feels like 110, a HUMID 110. I have no words.
Sheesh, and we actually had a cooler day today, only 96. Dh made it safely home, but sadly he's got to make one more trip. Talked him into resting this afternoon and staying tonight to catch up on sleep. Crazy man wanted to take off again after driving all night.

Just garden maintenance today. Watering stuff, staring at happy little flowers, checking sprouts. Too much other type stuff going on to do any more.

Which part of QLD are you in? I had a best friend growing up who lived in Yeppoon. I haven't seen her in 20 yrs but I always loved it there. So beautiful! Australia is probably my favorite country after my own....
I'm further south. I grew up around Brisbane/Gold Coast but moved moved inland towards Toowoomba

Any tips on helping this poor Rosemary?? Took 5 minutes to get the thing out of the pot
20210617_053729.jpg 20210617_053700.jpg 20210617_053645.jpg

Any tips on helping this poor Rosemary?? Took 5 minutes to get the thing out of the pot
View attachment 2721623View attachment 2721624View attachment 2721625
It looks root bound of course, but otherwise healthy. Rosemary likes to grow in rocky areas with poor soil in nature to my understanding. I doubt this root bound plant is hurt much. Plant it in the garden in a raised bed where the soil will drain well or pop it into a larger pot with soil and holes for drainage. It will do just fine. That's a tough plant.

Back
Top Bottom