What did you do in the garden today?

not all mulberrie trees bear fruits. I also heard it takes many years before they have fruits.

Good to know... This tree is pretty small (as mulberries go). Maybe 6 - 7 ft tall? Here's the picture I took a few weeks ago.... Only all evidence of ANY berries on it is completely gone. Not a single berry in site.

20210529_105505.jpg

Years ago, DH and I had a booth at Canton First Monday. We made candles and I did crafts. We had a blast. Only down side was the other sellers. After the first weekend, I noticed a lot of other sellers suddenly had a lot of my crafts in their booths. Really cut down on our profit. Eventually, we quit selling. Often thought I could do online sales when I get time and energy.

Yeah, I pulled in this morning and there is someone else here selling eggs out of the back of their car. I pulled down to the opposite end and set up anyway. Pretty slow today but it is a holiday weekend.

I'll come back in 2 weeks with more stuff (homemade soaps, resin crafts, jam, salsa, etc...) along with my eggs so I won't feel so awkward about directly competing with someone else. Although my eggs are in new cartons and coolers (as required by law here) and theirs are not.

Oh well... Still getting to spend some time with my daughter and that makes it worth it!

Good to know... This tree is pretty small (as mulberries go). Maybe 6 - 7 ft tall? Here's the picture I took a few weeks ago.... Only all evidence of ANY berries on it is completely gone. Not a single berry in site.

View attachment 2725376
Yup, my plant app says black mulberry.

Eta: Birds love them too. Bet I know what happened to your berries!

Mulberries don't last long on the trees. and a 6/7 foot tree is JUST a baby! Our ancient white mulberry was over 60 feet tall when we cut her down and I have two black mulberry trees. One is about 20 feet and drowns me in berries, but its a one/two week party at best. The other is only about 10 feet and she just got berries the first time this year.

It's an all out chicken party, that's for sure. EVERYTHING stops by under the bush to pig out, fox, skunk, coyote, raccoon, birds, turkeys, deer......DH.....

Purple poop season.

Managed all my mischief this morning PLUS tied up a broken wind vane, garden art thing. Also repaired the split irrigation line, although still need to staple it down so I don't mow it again.

Anything that wiggled in the garden got tied up before storms tonight and the wind gate was shut. OH and brought in tomato #1 and two tiny peppers

Right now I'm running the garden irrigation.
Now I'll show and go to the village. (As soon as I grab second breakfast.)

Yes! But that picture was taken about a month ago. There isn't a single berry on the tree anymore. I thought it was weird because I can remember playing around wild mulberry trees as a kid and they always had berries all through the summer.

But I'm guessing the birds have just stripped it.... Still a young tree too so maybe it just started producing.

But I'm guessing the birds have just stripped it.... Still a young tree too so maybe it just started producing.
My neighbor had a tree loaded with mulberries last year. She didn't get any because raccoons beat her to them. She watched out a window as that little thief stripped branches bare!

Back
Top Bottom