What did you do in the garden today?

I planted most of my squash inside the hoop house but I do have a couple of plants, including cukes, pumpkin, and watermelon growing outside. I've only caught 3-4 squash bugs on my unprotected plants but I check for eggs and nymphs every night. All of my protected plants are in great shape but it is a bit of a pain to hand pollinate them. Still, I think next year I will have 2 hoop houses and not worry about squash bugs at all!

Very hot and humid here! I dId a deep watering on my containers and raised beds, sprayed and squashed pests, and sauteed my first eggplant and yellow squash with some garlic and olive oil for lunch. Using the clothesline today to help dry some laundry. Family zoom in about an hour for Father's Day. They're probably going to see me sweaty.

I did 100' of drip line this morning, a have a few small leaks but not bad for my first shot at laying the stuff. It was easy enough that I think I'll do a drip line for the front porch and railing. Just made a big blanched kale salad for lunch with a garlic and tahini dressing. I'll go back out and shut off the drip line and try to finish tying up the tomatoes.
Shallots bulbs have divided & are getting huge:
Those look a lot like my un-named giants. Do you know what kind they are? They're my favorites and it's hard to make myself put them back in the ground, I want to eat them all!

Those look a lot like my un-named giants. Do you know what kind they are? They're my favorites and it's hard to make myself put them back in the ground, I want to eat them all!
I looked for the email but couldn't find it! I got them from High Mowing in VT but I don't remember the name. Maybe check out there website & see if anything looks familiar? I really need to keep better track of what I plant, I annoy myself. 😡

Back
Top Bottom