What did you do in the garden today?

All of this squash blossom talk reminded me that I have a great Italian cookbook with a recipe. See pictures:
20210622_133056.jpg
20210622_133027.jpg
20210622_133039.jpg
20210622_133545.jpg

I couldn't remember which book that recipe was from. This one also has excellent recipes. I purged all my meh cookbooks since recipes are available online for everything. Uses eggs in most of the recipes too :) I can't wait for my tomatoes to ripen and it was good to remember that I have new things to try out with what I harvest. This looks to be the year of the eggplant so far.

Attachments

• 16243888736133769739868319681278.jpg
    16243888736133769739868319681278.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 1
@Acre4Me I have had them stuffed - they are delish! The best I ever had were on vacation in Positano, Italy a few years ago. OMG, so good. We don't do flour or breading here, but I've thought about stuffing them with some type of ricotta & parm & frying them. I may have to try that soon. :drool

It's raining here so nothing happening in the garden. Good, I won't have to water but bad I wanted to pull the garlic. I did pollinate a few plants & squish a few Japanese beetles. I also put out the beetle trap. It used to gross me out to squish bugs but now I find pleasure in squeezing the life out of them with my fingers. :gig

ETA: this one looks good, I'm going to try it when I have lots of males... https://www.carbwarscookbooks.com/stuffed-zucchini-blossoms-from-nourished/

Yep, saw my first one over the weekend & killed a few today. They're baaaaack! 🤪

I dumped a bunch for the birds last year & they looked at me like I was crazy - wouldn't touch them. Ungrateful little wenches. So now I just kill em all. I squished a couple asian lady beetles too.

My first sugar snap pea is starting to emerge and one of my many sunflowers is starting to bud, woohoo! This is my first crack at any sort of gardening. Though it looks like I burnt (with fertiliser) my nasturtium seedlings, any tips on how to help them recover from this would be greatly appreciated :D

Back
Top Bottom