What did you do in the garden today?

Since starting to make my own broth a couple years ago, I can't believe the things I threw away! Now I know! There is nothing that compares. I haven't done a mixed bone broth, but that's next on my list with the things I've been saving.

@penny1960 - LOL! Too funny! ❤️ But you should try it. Really. :oops:

I sound like a drug dealer. :gig

This last year, I think everything got more expensive...

The toddler and I played kickball in the garden this morning. It was so cool overnight last I night I had to turn on the heat this morning for the first time ever. Fall is here! Yeah!
LOL. House got down to outdoor temps last night. Bedroom hit 45 degrees. It was GLORIOUS!

Harvested a couple of the mushrooms today!
Go you! Mushrooms are another of the many things I have to buy, I'd love to find them on sale low enough to make canning them practical.

I'll have to wait for my shopping trip till Friday (forgot a dr appointment for DP on Thursday) so I think I'll make a batch of crushed tomatoes tomorrow and maybe rip out the potted tomatoes and peppers. I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose an big portion of my tomato crop to cooler night temperatures. The plants are really showing the stress.

I think the cooked items were being buried.
I add cooked bones to my compost even sometimes, but bury it in the center of the pile. Often they get added with a mess of cooked vegetable scraps from making stock. The bones don't break down very fast but after being cooked and then composting they become brittle enough to crush by hand, which is what I do when I'm spreading that compost later.

I have been told not to compost or leave anything cooked. rats can dig. I don't take chances with rats. we already have plenty of them.

I pulled hot peppers and enlarged chicken's run. they were happy! I also fenced another small area for my baby pekin chickens and there is another piece of plot for garden. I need to teach 2 of the escapers to stay in their run so that I can plant lettuce.

it is cooler and it might rain (probably not) but from saturday the tempereture will rise again. no gardening before it gets cooler.

Pouring rain today. I think I'll bake something to help warm up the house. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry, and with the rain, the weeds should pull up pretty well, so Weeding Friday it shall be.

I need to put together my seed list for next year, and get them ordered. I need to find out WHY my butternut squash didn't have female flowers until the middle/end of August?!?

Morning. We're supposed to have a few days of rain on & off then that glorious cool, dry air will be here. Looks like I won't be getting too much done putting the garden to bed till next week. Oh well.

I started my garden layout. I also ordered 2 more 3.5 x 6 raised beds. :lau The garden was supposed to be done but well y'all know how that goes! I won't put the beds together till spring probably, just wanted to order them before the price goes up, they were cheap now.

Back
Top Bottom