What did you do in the garden today?

I planted my walking onions in a pot we had. Added some good dirt. The gent they came from had me get his dirt off them and said use mine ? google gave me the rest.
The "get his dirty off them" was likely a best practice just. Just like a new chicken can bring diseases or parasites to a flock, new plants can bring diseases and pests to a garden.

PSA: Anybody still needing garlic, the only place I've seen not sold out yet is Stark Bros.

My planted seeds and garlic cloves have not shown themselves yet, but we shall see what happens over the next several days.
I had success this past season with store bought. It was a hardneck variety form Spain. I purchased some at farmer's markets and my MIL gave me some she got from a store near her. I am still going to try to get a bag of hardneck from a local produce store just to up my numbers but this method does work. :)

Good morning gardeners. Still nice temperatures here. I only got half the siding finished yesterday, will have to finish up this afternoon. I did get another garden bed cleaned up this morning. I also picked more lima beans, some lettuce and thinned the carrots out a bit. My soil testing kit arrived yesterday so I'm hoping to do the tests on Saturday. We may get frost over night on Sunday. And yes, the frost is coming late this year here @WthrLady but I won't complain. It keeps the heating bill down for now. I've never grown sweet potatoes and I'm wondering if they would be a good alternative to butternut squash? Are they susceptible to squash bugs? That's something to consider. I do like to try something new every year. Any recommendations are welcome.

I do like to try something new every year. Any recommendations are welcome.
I also always like having an experimental crop in the garden. The Jerusalem artichokes and garlic were the new crops this year. They both did well. The JAs were very low maintenance and produced VERY well. Something to try if you haven't before.

My headboard project . Real cherry wood . I cut the tree milled the boards and built it . DIY .
DSCN1087.JPG

Back
Top Bottom