What did you do in the garden today?

Here is a pic of one of the oak boards stained cherry . Got appointments today so not working on it toady .
DSCN1093.JPG

So there is a story behind why I started making these headboards . June 2020 I tried to buy some at Menard's in MN . Had to order said 3 weeks . That changed to August then to December . Had to cancel order . So I was going to make them last winter . Health problems prevented this . So in June I found a place that had pine bookcase headboards for $600 . I said no way . So instead of pine or particle board I have hardwood .

@jerryse that's a great reason! It's so nice to have quality stuff that you can take pride in & hopefully pass down. DH is super handy & makes tons of things but he works with metal! I tried to talk him into taking up woodworking when he retires so he can make me nice things, lol. He has NO desire. :barnie

Absolutely beautiful weather here now! 50 degrees F at nights and about 70 degrees days! I got my old self out and cut down a dead cedar tree and made a few cedar post from it 10 feet long each and weeded the newer plantings of lettuce, kale, turnips, onions, carrots, rutabaga, Chinese cabbages, collards and mustards. They all are loving this weather and looking good! I had about 12 deer in my backyard this morning, cleaning up the last of the pears that fell from the top of a thirty foot tall tree. I was tempted to put one in the refrigerator, but it is a lot of work and my wife would be displeased with me shooting deer in her yard, that is a sanctuary for most wildlife.

That's more than aphids on the cabbage! Some organic BT spray and followed by organic pyrethrum or neem will stop the damages, most likely. The holes are like what cabbage moths cause, and there are other possible culprits, all likely controlled with BT and one or both of the other organic approved insecticides. Aphids suck juices from tiny piercings they don't eat holes in the leaves. The bad guys are in the area and the broccoli may be next to be hit. Great looking" haul" photos showing some of your gardens variety this fall. I love zinnias and would not garden without some included!

geese/duck pen finally finished. I have to fence their run too and saturday morning off they go:celebrate

still have to butcher at least the bantam roo and see if my naked neck cockerel will stay inside the run. otherwise he will become soup as well.

I could not resist and bought about 20 curly lettuce, 20 french lettuce - not sure what it is like, first time to grow, parsley, celery (2 varieties) and carrots. still don't know where to transplant them but once they are here I am sure I will find time to do that.

Back
Top Bottom