What did you do in the garden today?

Mowing. Dh has NEVER mowed the lawn here on the ranch. (He's also never driven the tractor.) Since 1994, I think he's mowed less than 6 times total at any of our locations combined. He does do the string trimming as the exhaust does me in. He now has a walk behind trimmer that I dragged home for him.
Center post for the clothes line was installed yesterday, to day I finished with the cross piece and the painting and hardware. Now we'll have one nice day tomorrow, snow Friday into Saturday, but then 50s and 60s from Sunday into next week. Works for me.
The new loom that followed me home is going to get worked on this weekend. She needs washed, lightly sanded, stained and a new carpet wrap installed (which I will sew this weekend as well. Then I'll mark her for center and figure out where she is going in the house, even if temporarily.
Nothing garden related.
Outside is just animal care this time of year and planning for the greenhouse planting and use schedule.
Jul is coming up, meal and dessert planning for that. Nothing fancy, roast beast and jul log.
Hope all are well.

I think they would work just fine. You may have to cook some extra moisture out of the salsa first. It’s my experience that frozen tomatoes are soupier once they are thawed out. Oh, and you won’t have little chunks of tomatoes either.
It might be better to use those to make tomato sauce. 🤷‍♀️
Or you can try the salsa and if it doesn’t work out then you can use the salsa in a pot of chili!
I'll give it a try, a good deal of the liquid separates once they are thawed so I'll drain them with a strainer and try to slip the skins off by hand. I'll see how it goes, and if it doesn't work, you're right, more chili!

I sold the rototiller we haven't used in years, it's practically brand new. I imagine any gasoline in it is gel, but I explained that to the buyer and he's excited to get it. He'll pick it up Sunday. He's getting a good deal on it but the price includes him coming back and tilling my garden for me once, after he gets it running! I just need to thin out and transplant the magnificent lilies that live in the chicken run, they are a matted jungle! So I didn't really do anything IN the garden, but I did something FOR the garden. Does that count? I can't have veggies out there, just lilies bc they are toxic to the chickens and they won't bother them! They sure make each other happy, though!

Hey all. Nothing happening here. I'm going to have to go out & throw some leaves down for the girls, we got a little coating of snow.

I have cranberries in the dehydrator, they were on sale, couldn't resist! I will slice & marinate beef jerky as soon as I wake up a bit.

I made cherry tomato corn salsa from frozen tomatoes & it was just meh. Very watery - I should have cooked it down more like @karenerwin said.

Once the sun is up I'll grab a snow pic.

Back
Top Bottom