What did you do in the garden today?

I use the baked straw so there are no weeds, well, almost none. It's expensive, especially now, but my back can't handle weeding so it's not even an option to not buy it here. It lasts 2 seasons though. But that sounds interesting!

I put out the slug beer baits & of course we got big storms that came through within a half hour & washed all the beer out. :barnie
There are some slug traps with a "roof" that stops this very thing from happening. Or you can make one out of a plastic bottle.

downloadfile.jpg

What I gathered from the critters!!! Lil turds eating my kale!
Ya can't find this kinda kale in our stores.
But the gorgeous romaine lettuce I did buy from store had lil critters all down in it!
Makes me rethink alllllllll those times I never washed lettuce or other things!!!

Attachments

• 16528091194682891285674284034482.jpg
    16528091194682891285674284034482.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 1
hubs built the new bed and we filled it with dirt from the barrels so i can put drainage holes in them this time 🙄. I bought three varieties of potatoes: yukon gold, red chieftan and dark kennebec(?). I will put them in the ling bed this year. Still waiting to harvest radishes which i planted on st. patricks day. The peas are getting taller and strawberries are getting to be pest snack size. Need to figure out containment for them. Theyre in some brick area by our door. Not sure how they ended up there. I got a few other things to plant but dont remember what. I like my second job and being able to getvthe expensive stuff done around the house but i really miss my garden time.

We're hitting over 100° where I am already so my gardening time is almost done for a couple of months. Not much can handle our June and July temps here. But I checked on the sweet potatoes and they're starting to send out vines. The last of my spinach is seeding...I'll be able to collect those soon to plant in the fall.

And I found one of my cactus blooming😃
20220517_124845.jpg

Back
Top Bottom