What did you do in the garden today?

I have to wash the heck out any greens I take from the garden for just that reason. There's so many little worms and tiny slugs from all the rain, I haven't wanted to share them with the neighbors like I normally do from embarrassment.
Same here. :mad: I wash every leaf individually because those little things creep me out, I don't want to eat them! You garden looks fantastic!

YES!!! Exactly what I bought today!!
Good. I think you'll like it.

Supposed to be 93 on Sat! :thWhat the heck, it's not August!

I have to put more beer in the slug traps, should check the weather first this time.:he

Not much else going on, I won't spend much time outside as my allergies are way too bad at the moment. I do need to get some fish emulsion going.

@chickengr I'm sure someone can explain it better than me but africanized bees are also known as 'killer bees' & are a hybrid of the african bee, they get pretty defensive & will swarm & sting easier than honey bees. My understanding is they can crossbreed with honey bees & then the hive becomes 'africanized' & more aggressive.

sorry I do not get it. can you please explain. my english is not so good. my knowledge of bees either.
Of course. Our native bees are pretty docile, not a lot of risk of getting stung unless you disturb them in some way but you can typically walk past the hive with low risk. Africanized bees are a hybrid, African bees were crossed with various other species from Europe and N America to help boost honey production in S America. Some escaped the research facility, I think that was in the 50s or 60s, and they are vicious. They’ve made it to N America now and they take over domestic hives, hijacking the queens and killing the rest of the bees. Since their preferred environment is warm the desert is a perfect place for them to live and breed. They’ve killed people and animals just walking down the street.

Our crazy hot weather (90-plus) has come and gone. I hurried to get my tomato and peppers plants into the garden yesterday before the rain. My kohl rabi and cauliflower plants were already in, as well as some onions.

Before I congratulate myself too much, it appears the weather will now do a 180-degree turn and it will drop to 39 degrees Saturday night. Arghh!

Back
Top Bottom