What did you do in the garden today?

Finally some rain last night, a quick spring shower. Might have to water containers today but weeding is a must. Other than that I wait.......should be able to harvest lettuce by next week.

My eggplant has been slow to take off too! And a couple tomatoes. It has to be the back and forth temps, 80s to 50s and back to 70s! They are confused.

Enjoy the day friends! Get dirty and eat fresh 💕

Attachments

• 20220518_194247.jpg
    20220518_194247.jpg
    739.2 KB · Views: 1
I think the holy spirit needs to be passed on from the time of Jesus and his disciples until this present age. I think we need to go to a place where it is being passed on. However, be aware that there are many wolves in sheep clothing that use the gospel to deceive others for the sake of getting rich or other deviant reason. The prophets tell us, so are the priest, so are the people.

The church and priest may or will push the 10% giving rule called a tithe. I believe in the tithe, but to my own saving account for my family. To me it has the same philosophical meaning. "Gather your tithe into the storage house, and I will multiply them says the Lord of Host."

Jesus said, " First seek the Kingdom of Heaven and all that you ask for shall be given to you and neither shall they say behold here or there, for the Kingdom of heaven is with in you."

For some reason government bonds sell off when the Feds start to increase interest rates and banks benefit from higher interest rates. Like wise as soon as the Feds hint at or start lowering interest rates money flows back into government bonds. Right now Pimco Strategic Income Fund (Government Bonds) is paying a monthly dividend of .051 cents which equates to .61 cents yearly which is a 11.40% dividend yield.

Although banks benefit from higher interest rates everything sells off in a bear market. Right now the Feds are increasing interest rates to curb inflation and they said it will be painful to fix the higher prices.

Experts say, government spending has caused inflation, but our current administration blames it on Russia. They also know that their energy policies caused the high prices of gas, but refuse to acknowledge it, so gas prices will remain high until they change their stance on their energy policies.
Can we please leave religion at the door? I think it’s wonderful that you have your faith, but this is not the place to discuss it.

Wow! What kind of bears do you get there?
Black bears. They are not nearly as aggressive as brown/grizzly bears, but people keep feeding them & they are no longer scared of people. We had one wander into a package store by my work a couple years ago! They keep breaking into peoples houses & cars. It's getting out of hand here.

I don't understand someone hates summer, lol. I have been loving summer since kid: no school, going on vacation and plenty of fresh fruits and veggies - does not it sound like paradise?
If I was still a kid I might still like it! But unfortunately, I'm not. LOL

Plus no snow, no subfreezing temps, no bundling up in layer upon layer to try to stay moderately warm

I love summer!
See now that's the stuff I love - cold & snow! I'd take a snow storm over 90 degrees & humid any day.

Raining out there today which is good. The leaves are finally out on the trees, I love a good rain. They're talking almost 100 this weekend. Ick. I'm busy as heck, packing for a music festival with a girl friend all while cleaning out the kitchen as the remodel will start while I'm gone.

Watered in some lime to the beds that had blueberries in them last summer. The soil report recommended 20 lbs per 100 ft row. My beds are 2x6 and 2x2 so I just sprinkled a couple of handfuls around the bed and watered it really well. I figured if I do a little at a time, maybe every month or every other month, it will adjust slowly. I will add a small amount of ammonium sulfate and potash next week. I want to be careful because I do have some strawberries in the 2x6 bed so I don't want to burn them... They have enough to deal with in the acidic pH as it is....

I feel like I'm in the midst of a delicate surgery. 😂

See now that's the stuff I love - cold & snow! I'd take a snow storm over 90 degrees & humid any day.

Raining out there today which is good. The leaves are finally out on the trees, I love a good rain. They're talking almost 100 this weekend. Ick. I'm busy as heck, packing for a music festival with a girl friend all while cleaning out the kitchen as the remodel will start while I'm gone.

:sick

I grew up in the snow belt. I much much MUCH prefer the South.... Even with the heat & humidity. I asked my DH this past week if he wanted to move back home (up North)....he was also like "NO WAY! It's too friggin' cold up there."

Black bears. They are not nearly as aggressive as brown/grizzly bears, but people keep feeding them & they are no longer scared of people. We had one wander into a package store by my work a couple years ago! They keep breaking into peoples houses & cars. It's getting out of hand here.

If I was still a kid I might still like it! But unfortunately, I'm not. LOL

I thought so. When I was a kid we lived on a farm with woods in part of the pasture and there were black bears around from time to time. I remember going into the woods with my folks and my mom almost had a heart attack because she turned around and there was bear watching us…except it was cow :lau

I thought so. When I was a kid we lived on a farm with woods in part of the pasture and there were black bears around from time to time. I remember going into the woods with my folks and my mom almost had a heart attack because she turned around and there was bear watching us…except it was cow :lau
That is hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom