What did you do in the garden today?

Cherimoya, lemon/strawberry guava (more cold hardy than normal guava), feijoa, dragon fruit. Maybe banana, some are hardier than others. I never had to spray any of those. What's your typical minimum winter temperature?

it can (rarely) drop to 18 f. just for a day or two but enough to kill the plants.

So I did fertilize them tonight and took a picture. They're rough looking.imo.

That said they've only been on the ground 2-3 weeks. We can't usually plant until after June 1 and it was a late spring this year. I got them in on the 10th I think. View attachment 3167625
Is this after watering them?
Then called it a night
I should say so! I got outta breath just thinking bout all that!!!
Question on blueberry bushes...if they are a yr or 2 old do they need watering regularly still or r the roots deeper like established trees?

Question on blueberry bushes...if they are a yr or 2 old do they need watering regularly still or r the roots deeper like established trees?
I never water mine after the first year - but you're in a much different climate than me. I guess if we had a major drought I might give them a drink.

I raked up the strawberry beds & pollinated this am. I need to thin the rutabaga today but I have spinal injections at noon so there's never any telling how I feel after. Most times I'm fine, once I had to crawl to the bathroom on my hands & knees. :gig

Not much else happening in the garden, maintenance mode I suppose. Will have enough beans for dinner & will pick lettuce for a salad. My raised bed on the deck for lettuce is working well.

I never water mine after the first year - but you're in a much different climate than me. I guess if we had a major drought I might give them a drink.
I think mine's probably is due to the utilities being dug up 3 times on each side and between em...idk why DH put em there to begin with but oh well.
Another one bites the dust!

I raked up the strawberry beds & pollinated this am. I need to thin the rutabaga today but I have spinal injections at noon so there's never any telling how I feel after. Most times I'm fine, once I had to crawl to the bathroom on my hands & knees. :gig

Not much else happening in the garden, maintenance mode I suppose. Will have enough beans for dinner & will pick lettuce for a salad. My raised bed on the deck for lettuce is working well.
Hopefully you'll do well afterwards this time too!!!
We should talk privately cuz I've had tons spine stuff the past 12 years!

Yes that is after watering/fertilizing them. And I kind of just flood the fertilizer quick that's why it still has puddles. It is all soaked in within 2-3 minutes.

I planted butternut too, but along a cattle panel. I love butternut!
I didn't plant any butternut squash last year. I got about 8 usable butternut squash from the volunteers in the compost bin!

No coon in the live trap this morning.... :he
Dang! The only time I've caught a coon I didn't even know it was around, I had the trap out for woodchucks.

A younger me could have done it in 3-4 days . Took me 2 1/2 weeks .
Yeah but you got it done! And it looks like a fine job.

This was marked as an annual but everything I see online suggests it is a perennial.
Sometimes it depends on the area. Some things that are annuals here are perennials in warmer climates.

Planted a whole chicken garden!
Ooh, how many chickens do you suppose you'll harvest from it?

Back
Top Bottom