What did you do in the garden today?

Another 10 pounds
Brings me to 31 so far this year
Is that from the c----? Or ya trying to lose weight? How r u feeling?
Didn't someone else have it too? Can't remember who now.

Went out to tend the babies and Joey wS on best behavior...hated to have to put him back in bachelor pad but can't trust him with all the lil babies n me not out there.
Saw dang birds eating my tomatoes yesterday!!! So that explains the big hunks taken out of em! They knocked a big green one off that wasn't even ready. Still can't find the other hornworms but pretty sure there has to be more based on how things look.
Oh and the pumpkins I just seeded have sprouted!!! Only took 4 days!

Hey everyone! Busy weekend but I’m finally caught up. Picked about 20 tomatoes this weekend not including the baby pear ones, plus 2 bowls of beans (let’s gooo, bumper crop please!), two zucchini/squash, 5 cucumbers, 3 peppers and a cabbage. We have been low on eggs (the heat is slowing down the ladies and egg customer requests are high…we have a waiting list and usually takes 3-5 days to fill a request for two dozen eggs. We keep the teeny eggs or any that are cracked only now…just 4 for breakfast this morning. DS got 3 scrambled, and DH and I had a “Veggie Delight” (bunch of whatever fresh veggies are available in the garden sautéed in olive oil, add one egg scrambled plus some cheese. Toast and maple sausage with it. Both of us are full & happy off of that one dang egg & lots of veggies. Lol. Can’t wait to the new girls start laying, hopefully by November…

Went out to tend the babies and Joey wS on best behavior...hated to have to put him back in bachelor pad but can't trust him with all the lil babies n me not out there.
Saw dang birds eating my tomatoes yesterday!!! So that explains the big hunks taken out of em! They knocked a big green one off that wasn't even ready. Still can't find the other hornworms but pretty sure there has to be more based on how things look.
Foil is usually for cutworm prevention

Talking to me?
harvested 10 pounds of tomatoes, 31 pounds so far this year

View attachment 3214475View attachment 3214476View attachment 3214477Is this bug a friend or foe? So far I’ve left them alone. They are starting to lay their eggs( see picture below). If they are a garden pest, I’ll get rid of the eggs, if not I’ll leave them.
That's a tough call. They do eat aphids, but also chew on my bean plants! I kill them, at least I can spray water & get rid of the aphids. :idunno & yes, what @WthrLady said, some type of asian lady beetle.

Was checking the next cantaloupe on vine to see if green had gone away on other side and it fell right off into my hands!
Really large! Got it in frige!
But did still have a little green on the other side...will it ripen anymore? Or is there anything I can do to ripen it further?
If it fell off in your hands, it’s ready!

We're dealing with the same heat here. It's stifling. I really need to get something else planted because much of my garden is fizzling out but it's so hot that I don't want to go out there, lol.
We've had an abundance of watermelon this year though! We have been harvesting all season, 1 or 2 here and there but last week we harvested 12 melons all at once! I've been trying unusual watermelon recipes all week to try to use some of them up.

It's weird, I know, but hear me out, this was pretty good! Lol!

You can make watermelon jam too! If you need/ want the recipe , just let me know.

I'd have let the birds eat my remaining tomatoes if they left the grapes alone... They disagreed... Next year I will need to bag the grapes.... 🙄

Back
Top Bottom