What did you do in the garden today?

I forgot, I took pics. Todays harvest, I apparently missed a cuke but the chickens will enjoy that. I finally harvested my first spaghetti squash! I also pulled the last of the onions.
View attachment 3215556

The 2nd planting of squash is looking pretty good:
View attachment 3215557
That first picture is a great photo for the garden contest! :)

I've noticed the seed shortages as a trend for a while and now that I'm hearing that mainstream news is suggesting people start gardening to supplement their groceries I'm confident you're correct that it will be worse this year.
It's finally my time to shine as my seed hoard will save the world! :lau:lau:lau
Finally…justification for my rubbermaid bin full of filed seeds in shoeboxes! 😂 I still have some from 2018 that sprouted surprisingly enough! (And I have a list of what I want next year…heh).
I probably need to buy more jars but I've been holding out. Now you've gotten me worried. On a side note, I *know* there are dozens of empty, old mason jars in my grandmother's root cellar but my uncle owns her property now I so don't think I could ever get his permission to take them. He's such a greedy, grumpy, old turd.
I wonder if you offered to trade him some veggies or yard work for the jars if he would take you up on it?

I have HUNDREDS of jars, but you need those darn single use lids (tattler lids do not work for me at all - I have them too)

For a bit jars were $11 a dozen (about) and lids were a box of 12 for $8 (now they're 4-5 (Used to be 3.99). So my brain said it was better to buy the jars with the lids. The lids were failing in the boxes, but not the ones that came with the jars.

Those of you that are canning now, do you have A/C? No way I’m canning in Upper NY when it’s been 90 and humid for a straight week…I’m dreading boiling water for sweet corn tonight. We haven’t had a summer like this in about 10 years. I’m going to keep my paste tomatoes frozen until September and then can at this rate! 😂

Those of you that are canning now, do you have A/C? No way I’m canning in Upper NY when it’s been 90 and humid for a straight week…I’m dreading boiling water for sweet corn tonight. We haven’t had a summer like this in about 10 years. I’m going to keep my paste tomatoes frozen until September and then can at this rate! 😂
I am canning but have the A/C on. We haven't been as hot as you all have been, but it has been in the 90s and humid. Sometimes I save stuff to can for later too-I have 2 gallon bags of tomatoes from this year in the freezer :)

When it's too hot to boil corn, I steam it in the microwave.

Good morning Gardeners. Still waiting on my tomato plants they are so behind. The bromide spray did nothing. Now back in 90 for three days.
Me and my tomatoes are having the same battle. My cherry tomato does great but the others even with water food and other amendments are just not happy....I usually get tomatoes in October 🤦🏻‍♀️ way past tomato season

Back
Top Bottom