What did you do in the garden today?

SP 1.JPG

Pulled all of the sweet potatoes "Murasaki sweet" Didn't do as well as I though it would. Also got the mulching around the fruit trees done.

Curious as to if it causes health problems if I gave my chickens the sunflowers before they were dried out?
Mine will grab any that get shaken down that they can find when they are out! 😂
I always wondered that but then realized My chickens grab them of the sunflower head or any knocked on the ground and no issues do I guess it’s good at least in small doses
Exactly!

I let the chickens out for a couple of hours this morning. It was fairly cool (for us) and I could sit and watch to make sure they only busied themselves with the bugs in the garden and not my actual plants. They were quite happy with the arrangement. I had to mind the 3yo that he didn't get too close to the rooster though. Kiddo loves the chickens and always wants to pet them. Rooster sees somebody not much bigger than he is and thinks it's go time.

They'll all put up now and I'm thinking of popping into town for a bit. I do have a few things on my shopping list.

did you manage to grow raspberries?

yes saving it from winter in the house .
So prob wouldn't do any good to just put in garage that isn't heated...
DH will just have to buy more next year.
We have these orangey bronze colored ones and they have been stunning all spring, summer and still! Now they are showing dark red areas I'm guessing where night temps are dropping.
What colors do you have?

We'll be close to freezing this weekend, just on time.
The giant lake below us usually keeps us from a true freeze for about a week after that. Then it's all bets off.
I'll bring the mums up to the house today, near the brick wall of the porch, they'll be fine until November, if I can remember to water them. Then I'll trim them and put them in the workshop for winter and haul them out again next year.

I've been scattered this morning. So much to do today. I started watering the garden. Got a third of the way through. Stopped to go wake up DS so he doesn't miss his exam today. He never hears his alarm and is prone to oversleeping. Then I decided to feed animals before finishing the garden. We were gone all weekend so DS was taking care of them. Found a hen hanging upside down in the chicken coop. She had a string tangled around her foot which caught on something. She was still alive but I have no clue how long she's been upside down. I have her in the infirmary crate but she isn't eating, drinking, or standing. Not sure she will make it... Now I have work stuff to do so no time to finish the garden right now.... Ugh. I need an assistant. 😂

I've been scattered this morning. So much to do today. I started watering the garden. Got a third of the way through. Stopped to go wake up DS so he doesn't miss his exam today. He never hears his alarm and is prone to oversleeping. Then I decided to feed animals before finishing the garden. We were gone all weekend so DS was taking care of them. Found a hen hanging upside down in the chicken coop. She had a string tangled around her foot which caught on something. She was still alive but I have no clue how long she's been upside down. I have her in the infirmary crate but she isn't eating, drinking, or standing. Not sure she will make it... Now I have work stuff to do so no time to finish the garden right now.... Ugh. I need an assistant. 😂
OMGeeze!!! Gotta luv those DSs!!!
Surely she'll be ok!

I too watered...but went ahead and pulled 4 tomato plants up and trimmed the ones still finally going!
Finally saw a female pumpkin blooming so I'll give it another week before pulling all that mess that only gave me one tiny palm size one!
Then critter decided to come back and check all the new stuff out...radishes, lettuces, dadgum thing!

Back
Top Bottom