What did you do in the garden today?

Frost/freeze warning for tonight. I picked all the habaneros off the plants, because I bet they'll die tonight.

Tomorrow I will plant lettuce/spinach/kale in pots in the green house.

A neighbor told me that if you cut the bottom 2" of a head of romaine off and plant it in soil, it will regrow edible leaves. Anyone ever done this? I plan to get some at the store next time I go shopping. Now I just have to convince DH that romaine is better than iceberg lettuce. That crap is just crunchy water.

Depends on how big they got . Sometimes I only save a cutting . A larger plant yields a lot of cuttings in the spring . Easy way to get lots of starts for planting out .
They sure do! I trimmed ours 3 times and I gave cuttings rooted and ready to plant to everyone!
I really hate the thought of losing ours...they have been so gorgeous and just thrived in the 2 large concrete containers at our porch!

I feel like the only thing I'm doing is watering every day still...it's awful here.

Frost/freeze warning for tonight. I picked all the habaneros off the plants, because I bet they'll die tonight.

Tomorrow I will plant lettuce/spinach/kale in pots in the green house.

A neighbor told me that if you cut the bottom 2" of a head of romaine off and plant it in soil, it will regrow edible leaves. Anyone ever done this? I plan to get some at the store next time I go shopping. Now I just have to convince DH that romaine is better than iceberg lettuce. That crap is just crunchy water.
I feel the same about iceberg. My DH and I argue over it all the time because he likes that crap. I get him to compromise and we usually buy green leaf instead.

Back
Top Bottom