What did you do in the garden today?

I am so thankful to hear this. I have one pullet (hatched in early March) who decided as her first full molt to do it right now since the weather is cold and rainy. As a new chicken mama, I thought I would check with backyard chicken to see if I should panic. But reading this, I feel I can relax some. Anything I can do to help the situation?
I have a couple molting now too. I always save the leftover bones & meat from canning broth & give that to them when molting - figure they can use the protein. They look silly, but they'll be fine.

I've had shingles twice, neither time was particularly bad but I wouldn't wish that on anyone! No fun.

Not much happening around here - shuffling mean birds & nest sleepers around & blocking & unblocking nests daily. :smack

cyber Monday moving along....still haven't ordered seeds. Spent too much time on one site only to find out their web banner was misleading...uh, no I'm not paying $99 per year to get free shipping on your specific site... your banner states free ship in these categories (which is what is in my cart) today... so, I called, spoke with CS agent, verified this misleading info, was not offered a free ship code, so I bailed on that order....continuing to search for presents for a couple of people. If I start to go a bit stir-crazy, I might have to place a seed order to restore mental good mood.

cyber Monday moving along....still haven't ordered seeds. Spent too much time on one site only to find out their web banner was misleading...uh, no I'm not paying $99 per year to get free shipping on your specific site... your banner states free ship in these categories (which is what is in my cart) today... so, I called, spoke with CS agent, verified this misleading info, was not offered a free ship code, so I bailed on that order....continuing to search for presents for a couple of people. If I start to go a bit stir-crazy, I might have to place a seed order to restore mental good mood.
Oh boo. That's too bad. MIGardeners ships for free over a certain amount and they have wonderful seeds. I got a grab bag of 30 seed packets plus some mystery seeds for $19.99 (free shipping) in October and was pleasantly surprised by what they sent!

Oh boo. That's too bad. MIGardeners ships for free over a certain amount and they have wonderful seeds. I got a grab bag of 30 seed packets plus some mystery seeds for $19.99 (free shipping) in October and was pleasantly surprised by what they sent!
Good to know! I haven't used that seed site before.

My Cyber Monday shipping issue was not on a seed site - it was on a higher end site for Kitchen/cookware/food type items with some good deals on a few things I was actually interested in buying as gifts, and they would have been good gifts. Unfortunately, the discounts on the individual items was less than the total for shipping! The items were not large or heavy, either, so nothing unusual in terms of shipping.

Back
Top Bottom