What did you do in the garden today?

Garlic from last year is sprouting.... 😂 Should I plant it? 🤔

20230202_094803.jpg

I’m guessing that silver thing helps keep rain and bugs out the water?
Not really, its to reflect the sun, so the cover and water stays cool. The cover is shaped like a dome, so the rain water runs off to the sides. I trimmed the middle out of a round clone pad, and zipped tied it to the stem to hold it in place. I'll cut the zip tie once I get a few more string clips on the plant.

I just found out that the silver thing is holding the plant up right. I have a close pin on both ends that keeps the silver thing tight.

The 1/2 pvc with 90 elbow is for ventilation. I put a small fruit bag on it to prevent mosquitoes from getting in.. The pvc is secured in a rubber gromet, so its rain proof.
71-qjWNbn-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Garlic from last year is sprouting.... 😂 Should I plant it? 🤔

View attachment 3393420
I peeled & froze all of mine. I used some last night & it was just fine. I’m sure you can probably get away with planting it there, but I wouldn’t here right now. I have enough planted already anyway, didn’t really need anymore. Do you plant garlic in the fall or spring there?

I peeled & froze all of mine. I used some last night & it was just fine. I’m sure you can probably get away with planting it there, but I wouldn’t here right now. I have enough planted already anyway, didn’t really need anymore. Do you plant garlic in the fall or spring there?
I usually plant in the fall and harvest near mid-June. I've never tried to plant in the spring because late summer is so hot here

We make ours go in at night, but unless they are laying or brooding they come out as soon as the automatic door opens and stay out... I do love them though... Such characters. They are especially funny when they are "spying" on me. They will hide around the corner and peek around to see what I'm doing and then tell the others. It's hysterical 😂
I think ducks have a lot of personality, more outgoing than chickens. Mine always found so much joy is making mud lol.

Back
Top Bottom