What did you do in the garden today?

What did you do in your garden today?

I picked a bunch of Rattlesnake green beans and Cherokee wax beans, a few tomatoes, three eggplants, some broccoli shoots, and jalapenos. Pretty happy with today's harvest!
thumbsup.gif
I fed my watermelons, picked some cannabis squash and cucumbers. I also picked some jalapenos. I've planted some beans, and I don't know what they are! The green string beans were great, but these others???? I'm trying to grow sunflowers for my chickens. So far, they're about as tall as I am (5 ft.) Eventually, they'll be 1 foot across; hopefully, with plenty of seeds!

I finished the first corragated metal raised bed and then built a 2nd one. I still need to fill them with dirt/compost. I watered all the garden patches at the farm garden. I noticed that in one of my onion beds something is making the onion sets go soft and rot from the inside out. I found 1 catapiller and some more grubs in this bed. I don’t know if it’s the grubs or what but I’m not happy about it.
I planted a lot of marigold starts in both onion beds and all around the perimeter of the tomato bed ( where I need to plant new tomatoes ).
61B46EA9-B750-40A5-9BDC-95ED65504AB3.jpeg

Anybody know what these are? My friend’s son in law brought them home from his work but I don’t think he knows what they are.
B4C90585-873B-4286-B140-5AAA262C6FC9.jpeg

Or these?
I bought 22 4-packs of clearanced flowers today. Plus 2 4-packs of clearanced yellow squash starts. I planted one of the four packs of squash at the farm garden.
Tomorrow (Monday) I hope to get all the rest planted.
@TJAnonymous so sorry about your mom.

I finished the first corragated metal raised bed and then built a 2nd one. I still need to fill them with dirt/compost. I watered all the garden patches at the farm garden. I noticed that in one of my onion beds something is making the onion sets go soft and rot from the inside out. I found 1 catapiller and some more grubs in this bed. I don’t know if it’s the grubs or what but I’m not happy about it.
I planted a lot of marigold starts in both onion beds and all around the perimeter of the tomato bed ( where I need to plant new tomatoes ).
View attachment 3521619

Anybody know what these are? My friend’s son in law brought them home from his work but I don’t think he knows what they are.
View attachment 3521621

Or these?
I bought 22 4-packs of clearanced flowers today. Plus 2 4-packs of clearanced yellow squash starts. I planted one of the four packs of squash at the farm garden.
Tomorrow (Monday) I hope to get all the rest planted.
@TJAnonymous so sorry about your mom.
The second pic looks like zinnias to me, at least they look like the ones I started from seed.

I bought into the Ryobi line, the home consumer little brother to Milwaukee, and my Ryobi tools have served me well. I recently tested an 8-year-old Ryobi Lithium-Ion battery and it still held 90% of its rated charge. I'd call that a pretty good deal.
I use and like Ryobi too - when my sister moved to Canada a few years ago, she let us raid her belongings - my niece and nephew had a garage sale, and we had our pick of all the stuff that didn't sell. She had several Ryobi tools, the batteries and charger were lost or sold, but I found replacements on Amazon that work great. My favorite is a little circular saw - too small to cut anything thicker than a 2x4, but I do very little that needs more than that, and it's so much easier to take the little saw and extra batteries down to the field to whatever I'm working on, than to haul wood up to the house and plug in the big saw.

Great selection! Those are mostly new to me
We've grown Hales Best Cantaloupe and Charleston Grey Watermelon but none of the others. Looks like you have a fun melon season ahead!
Thanks!!

One day I would like to eat a ripe honeydew. Not sure I’ve ever really had a ripe one. Clearly I’m going to try this year, as I have a few honeydew varieties. Last year a couple honeydew grew, and began to set fruit but then would wither and die. All melons this year are planted in different spots, using black plastic, and the soil is fertilized. All are stated from seeds.

We’ve had some luck with cantaloupe and watermelons in the past. But, last year was unsuccessful with those too.

I tried to look for shorter season or ones for more northern climates. The Charleston Grey watermelon is supposed to get pretty big, so we will see what happens with that one!

Here are some that we grew in 2020
IMG_2039.jpeg
IMG_2040.jpeg
IMG_2041.jpeg

This year’s selection includes some yellow or gold watermelons, so that will be new to us.

Back
Top Bottom