What did you do in the garden today?

I have a degree in physics. I understand small particles.... 😂
Then your claim that your inability to see the shell fragments in the soil must mean that they've broken down into their individual constituent elements makes even less sense, no matter how many condescending emojies you use

But as for your "degree in physics", I recall that being on display when you twice claimed, "North Korea actually has 2 satellites positioned over the US that could deliver an EMP at any time they choose", even though it isn't physically possible to keep a satellite positioned over any part of the Earth that isn't located on the equator, and the satellites NK does have are in polar orbits that only occasionally take them briefly over the U.S...and there's zero publicly available evidence that they possess any offensive capability at all.

Last edited:
The United States Agriculture department called me today, it was about the Brandywise tomato seeds I purchased from Fruition Seeds. They called to inform me to get rid of the seeds, plants and soil where I planted this variety. It has been infected with the TOBRFV virus, its like the stunting TYLCV virus, but worst, the fruit gets blemished and are unmarketable and the virus can live in the soil.

I found two foreign seed companies that started selling TOBRFV resistant tomatoes, but they are not available in the USA. I think Bayer is working on this problem and they may have some resistant varieties for the USA by next year.

I am thinking about watering my infected potted soil with a Clorox solution and then let it dry out to get rid of the clorox.

New England has looked like this the entire day - but not a SINGLE drop at my house. :gig
Screenshot_20230609_170214_WFSB Weather.jpg

The United States Agriculture department called me today, it was about the Brandywise tomato seeds I purchased from Fruition Seeds. They called to inform me to get rid of the seeds, plants and soil where I planted this variety. It has been infected with the TOBRFV virus, its like the stunting TYLCV virus, but worst, the fruit gets blemished and are unmarketable and the virus can live in the soil.

I found two foreign seed companies that started selling TOBRFV resistant tomatoes, but they are not available in the USA. I think Bayer is working on this problem and they may have some resistant varieties for the USA by next year.

I am thinking about watering my infected potted soil with a Clorox solution and then let it dry out to get rid of the clorox.

Well that's an extremely discouraging phone call to get! Yikes! At least you had it in a pot!

I also discovered a potato plant growing in the area I grew potatoes last year, so I guess I missed at least one.
Just one?!?! :lau
The United States Agriculture department called me today, it was about the Brandywise tomato seeds I purchased from Fruition Seeds.
I hope they are disposing of all their seeds that are infected.

Like the HPAI affecting commercial hatcheries, this virus could kill a business.

I hope they are disposing of all their seeds that are infected.
They got all their seeds tested by the ag department and that was the only recall. The representative said they were concerned because the virus can live in the soil. China, Mexico and Europe already developed and are selling resistant tomatoes. However, the United States are about to get hit with a wake up call. There are no companies in the USA selling TOBRFV resistant tomato seeds.

I got in touch with this company and this what they said,

Thank you for contacting us.

Your question: Hello, how do home gardeners buy ToBRFV Rugose resistant tomato seeds?

We will reply as soon as possible.

Rijk Zwaan
You can find the disclaimer that applies to emails of Rijk Zwaan at: https://www.rijkzwaan.com/edisclaimer

The registration number of Rijk Zwaan companies can be found at: https://www.rijkzwaan.com/registrationnumbers

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom