What did you do in the garden today?

OH ya. We have them with rice and bulgogi.
Cooled dozen hard boiled, peeled eggs.
Mix:
  • 6 cloves of Garlic- minced
  • 1 Red Chili-chopped - I use a teaspoon of gochujang
  • 3 stalks of Green Onion Chopped
  • 1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds
  • 1 cup of Soy Sauce _I use low sodium
  • ½ cup of Honey
  • 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil (optional)
  • ½ cup of Water
  • teaspoon of brown sugar
Add the eggs and let marinate a few hours, or I do them overnight.
Serve with rice. :p

Today, I got the deer fence around the new apple tree. The six foot diameter circle seems to be a good size for it. Weeded a bit, watered a few things.

The majority of today's gardening time was spent trying to decide what should go in the shed. And what to do with the stuff not going back into the shed. I am sad to realize I haven't made much progress on my issues with stuff.

Right now, it is all out on the lawn and it is obviously too much stuff.

Also, how to store the stuff I keep. We meant to put shelves in if I can decide what kind and size.

⚠️ Quick Update on Pallet Planters

Just posting a few pictures of the pallet planters I made for Dear Wife last fall. She has flowers planted in them now, so I guess they officially have passed her approval.

1686369309917.jpeg

1686369414936.png

1686369384150.jpeg

FWIW, Dear Wife wanted some new planters after our old half whiskey barrel planters were falling apart and we had to rebuild them. Started off with 6 old whiskey planters falling apart and managed to rebuild 3 whiskey barrels planters. These 3 pallet planters were to replace the lost 3 barrels.

Current cost of those half barrel whiskey planters is $65.00 at Home Depot. Curent cost of my pallet wood planters, about 65 cents each!

You can check out this and lots of other pallet projects at Show Me Your Pallet Projects!.

I've been searching the net for shed storage ideas. I found some ideas that look interesting but the pictures often don't come with anyone talking about how practical they are. For example, t posts and/or long-handled tools stood upright in a pallet looked like a good idea. It doesn't work very well in my shed because the horizontal parts get tangled. That might not matter except my roof is only 7' high at the top of the walls so there is just barely enough clearance even if they didn't get tangled. There isn't enough floor space to have the pallet away from the wall.

How do you store your long-handled tools?
T-posts? Step in posts? flags?

I've been searching the net for shed storage ideas. I found some ideas that look interesting but the pictures often don't come with anyone talking about how practical they are. For example, t posts and/or long-handled tools stood upright in a pallet looked like a good idea. It doesn't work very well in my shed because the horizontal parts get tangled. That might not matter except my roof is only 7' high at the top of the walls so there is just barely enough clearance even if they didn't get tangled. There isn't enough floor space to have the pallet away from the wall.

I screwed scrap pieces of 2x4's on both sides of the wall studs. This gave me a 1.5" slot to slide tool handles into. The shovel parts of the shovels are toward the ceiling....if that makes sense.
Slightly angling them would help prevent them getting knocked down or a bungee cord to keep them from shifting. I didn't angle mine so use bungee cords as needed.
Most of my yard tools don't have holes in the handles or simply won't hang on screws.

It is dark here now but once it's light I will try to remember to get a photo. It actually works really well.

A lot of tools didn't get put away last time I was out there. Still kind of dark out. I hope you can get the idea from these pictures.

Weeders and hoes tend to want to shift. They get a bungee cord.
IMG_20230610_053924.jpg

Shovels and things with a loop handle are hung like this. That 1x4 is usually holding 5-6 short garden shovels and spade forks.
IMG_20230610_053935.jpg

I do have a few things that hang on screws like the big pruners.
IMG_20230610_054007.jpg

T-posts that are extra are leaned up in the corner between wall studs. The seldom used old snow shovels and leaf rakes are on the very back wall.
IMG_20230610_054033.jpg

The shed is actually pretty messy right now. 😬

Has anyone tasted this type of prepared eggs? This lady said it taste so good, she can stick her face in it.......................... :frow

OH ya. We have them with rice and bulgogi.
Cooled dozen hard boiled, peeled eggs.
Mix:
  • 6 cloves of Garlic- minced
  • 1 Red Chili-chopped - I use a teaspoon of gochujang
  • 3 stalks of Green Onion Chopped
  • 1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds
  • 1 cup of Soy Sauce _I use low sodium
  • ½ cup of Honey
  • 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil (optional)
  • ½ cup of Water
  • teaspoon of brown sugar
Add the eggs and let marinate a few hours, or I do them overnight.
Serve with rice. :p
Oh my goodness that sounds delish! I may have to try it, thanks guys!

My shovels & stuff hang on a cheap plastic tool holder where they snap into tension slots. I hate it. Bigger handles don't fit, they pop out sometimes. The rubber things on them fall off & the plastic hooks underneath break. I'll try & find a pic so you know what not to get, lol. My garden stakes - they are in between the studs with a chain across held in by eye hooks. That works ok. My t-posts sit outside the shed in a back corner where all the scrap fencing is. A big mess piled where my shame is hidden. :gig

ETA: This - this is what I have & hate it. But not enough to do anything about it. 😬 You have to stagger the tools because they all hit each other on the bottom (like the actual rake or shovels hit) & pop themselves out. If that makes sense. Just way too crowded.

Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 7.59.31 AM.png

Most everything else is hung on these:
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 8.08.25 AM.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom