What did you do in the garden today?

That face you make when you realize that HALF the flower seeds you just bought that you didn't really need...YOU ALREADY HAVE! UGH!

qgAs3jxWxMPjWVj4eK.gif

I'm cutting pretty far back on gardening this year.
Lack of motivation for the most part. But I might change my mind by April 1st.
I'm taking over the backyard for the garden this year. My son wanted to make a track for remote control cars. I told my husband well he's not going to be able to do it now because I am taking over the backyard.

Some years are like that. We decided to not do meat Chx this year. Maybe we change our minds later on, but I doubt it.

I’m looking forward to some of the things we grow, and that’s good enough for me.

I am trying to grow 3 ft Tycoon tomatoes indoors with a decent Spider Farmer grow light. I have 2 plants in a 5 gallon grow bag sitting on an AC infinity wicking base. I might be able to grow 4 of them, since my light is rated for a 4ft x 2ft space. I am having fun; it gives me something to look forward to.

Speaking of onions, I have DOZENS of onion seed packets from my mom's stuff. I think all of them were packaged between 2016 - 2018. I've read that most onion seeds are not viable after 2 years. I'll still try to germinate some of them but don't have high hopes. Anyone else who can confirm or deny this?
I have not grown out older onion seed but have grown carrot seed that was 12 years old. They were stored in the refrigerator so not exposed to big temperature swings. Most of it germinated and grew just fine.

I would definitely plant them. Nothing to loose. If they sprout with bare spots, add a few more seed.

I've been saying this the last few years too. I was growing for a family of 4 and now it's only 2 of us so I don't need as much.

Something about sowing seed in spring. It makes me happy so each year when I start planting I say just a couple more till I really have too many again. Those seeds make me loose self control. 😂

Back
Top Bottom