What did you do in the garden today?

My new cocoa plant arrived! I put it in this huge planter. Ordered a new heavy duty rolling plant stand because it's far too heavy for me to pick up. My DH and DS had to put it on the towel just so I could push it around without it scratching up my wood floors.

Screenshot_20240326_203452_Gallery.jpg

Whenever anyone says they froze bottles I wonder how it doesn't break the bottles. And do you ever do just sweet peppers for bottling?
IMG_4318.jpeg

This is what we use. I think we bought the 12 ounce size. We fill to just below the shoulder.

Yes, we also do just sweet Italian peppers too- same: chop, freeze, blend with vinegar and salt, age it.

Maybe the corn will have to be in the ground but everything else can be in pots.
Pots are great, but they also dry out quicker, so they seem higher maintenance in the heat. But, we use pots to grow some veg or greens on the deck.

I fill an inch below the shoulder but they also make a straight sided bottle for freezing
Yes!

This sounds amazing! Let us know how it works out please.

We have 2 of the native black huckleberry bushes in our yard but they're too small to produce much so far. When they are finally in season I go to a large state campground near us and pick both huckleberries and blackberries for jelly. Lots of work for the tiny berries but so good!
I started a bunch of huckleberry seeds. Chickens destroyed/ate ALL of them except one, I think. I'll have to start more and put them farther out in the pasture away from the house...

My new cocoa plant arrived! I put it in this huge planter. Ordered a new heavy duty rolling plant stand because it's far too heavy for me to pick up. My DH and DS had to put it on the towel just so I could push it around without it scratching up my wood floors.

View attachment 3782982
Where did you get the plant from. I would love to have one.

View attachment 3782982
Did it come with oompa-loompas?

Back
Top Bottom