What did you do in the garden today?

Wet, cold, rainy, windy times then foggy times, just plain nasty out there. Lots of flooding on roads & along sides of roads, in farm fields. We can't do much outside at all. Focused indoors these days. 😔
Same here. It's RAW outside, wet and cold and damp, bone-chilling. Weather report says it's 50° but it feels a lot colder. 🥶

Good afternoon all. I went camping but came home early. Lots of people, no privacy for bathroom needs and I had a rattlesnake under my car. I had to leave my awesome spot and move to a more open area. Lots of noise from generators, blah.

IMG_7570.jpeg
IMG_7585.jpeg

I soaked some seed start medium, got it into trays and set those out in the sun to warm up. Now they're under domes and on warming mats.
I'll set seeds Sunday/Monday.
I also put in a delivery order for TSC last night, a massive cattle gate and some 8 foot set posts. I'm not in the mood to dig out and hook up the trailer.
I thought I ordered 3 posts, oops, 2. ARGH. That's ok. I can grab it this weekend.
I did dig the holes for the two and set one gate. I'll do concrete for gate #2 posts tomorrow.
Maybe I'll go get post 3 tomorrow. I can't put up the fencing until I set that corner post.
I swear.

Garden looks fine after the deep chill the other day.

New electric bike is here. Interesting to get used to.

Hard squals off and on today, with a little lightning thrown in. I took Penny out to do her business and looked at the sky and thought that I could pop out between squals and do a little garden prep and then the sky opened again. :barnie
We are about to get nailed with cold, wet weather again here in Southern California as well. A few of my cucumber seeds have sprouted and almost all of my cantaloupe is up. I planned on a full weekend in the garden but nope, it seems other plans are in the works. Oh well, I will never complain about us getting rain so I suppose this is another lesson in patience for me.

Back
Top Bottom