What did you do in the garden today?

We had best success when planting among the tomatoes, where it would get some shade.
Yeah, my celery did the best when I planted it intermingled with tomatoes too.
Then always use it along with carrots and onions for the aromatics in soups and stews. One of my favorite dishes is Cashew Chicken with onions, mushrooms and lots of celery. Very tasty.
Once I learned to do the diced onion, carrot, and celery at the very start of my soups and stews I never looked back. I add a little bit of tomato paste now too when the veg are almost done. And sometimes some anchovey paste as well.
One more week until the total eclipse. Is it silly to be excited about the food trucks coming to the fairgrounds all weekend leading up to the eclipse? Bc that is where I plan to get my lunch Sat/Sun!
We're in such a small town that I always get excited when we get some food trucks. There's a Filipino one that I just love.

Went into town for a haircut, got a new pair of jeans at Cascade Farm and Outdoors but I had to ask a clerk to find a pair my size. Dang visual migraine hit just as I started looking at the sizes. I think the lighting brought it on since it eased up as soon as I got out of the clothing section of the store and completely cleared once I went outside.

When I got home I let the girls out and tossed them the snails I found while clearing about half of a raised bed. I burned a good laundry basket full of dry garden remains.

Penny freaked me out on her walk, I was shuffling bags, trash tongs and cell phone and accidentally dropped the leash. She ran off ahead of me and wouldn't recall. Fortunately, she didn't really want to run away, just wants a faster walking pace then I do and when I stopped walking after her and squatted down and offered her treats, she ran right back to me. She's a rescue and it's foolish of me to assume I always understand her thinking, this could have been a disaster if there had been cars or strange humans close by. Lesson learned.

Attachments

• 20221027_224546.jpg
    20221027_224546.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 1
Dang visual migraine hit just as I started looking at the sizes. I think the lighting brought it on since it eased up as soon as I got out of the clothing section of the store
It may be that horrible formaldehyde they treat new clothing with, that gave you a headache. I can't even go into some stores, that smell hits me, I get flushed skin, nasty headache & nausea right away, gotta turn right back around & walk out. They spray that crap on textiles, any & all fabrics, to keep insects, moths & rodents from gnawing on them while being stored & transported. One time I bought some towels, they must've been sitting in the bottom of the formaldehyde tank for a long time. They stunk so bad, even soaking & washing several times with white vinegar & hanging them outside in sunshine did not get rid of the chemical stench. I could not even bring them into the house. I threw them in the back of the truck with a load to take to the dump. They stunk up the truck bed! Ugh, that stuff is so nasty!

We weren't supposed to have sunshine until the end of the week, but OOOPS! we got a nice sunny day by mistake. I'll take it!

I bought a Hummingbird Vine (aka, Trumpet Vine) at TSC. Bees like them. They can become invasive, but around here, I don't think they can get the chance because they die back enough in the winter. I'll plant it somewhere in the field, where it can grow up a standing dead tree, or else by the old house to grow up the light pole.
My sister's neighbor has a trumpet vine that took over the entire fence and had sprouts popping up all over both of their yards.

It may be that horrible formaldehyde they treat new clothing with, that gave you a headache. I can't even go into some stores, that smell hits me, I get flushed skin, nasty headache & nausea right away, gotta turn right back around & walk out. They spray that crap on textiles, any & all fabrics, to keep insects, moths & rodents from gnawing on them while being stored & transported. One time I bought some towels, they must've been sitting in the bottom of the formaldehyde tank for a long time. They stunk so bad, even soaking & washing several times with white vinegar & hanging them outside in sunshine did not get rid of the chemical stench. I could not even bring them into the house. I threw them in the back of the truck with a load to take to the dump. They stunk up the truck bed! Ugh, that stuff is so nasty!
YES! Smells like petrol to me, but yes, so many things are drenched in it and it gives me headaches. Although, so do flickering lights and pressure changes.

It may be that horrible formaldehyde they treat new clothing with, that gave you a headache.
Good reminder to wash these new ones with my next washer load. I'm lucky though, I get the visual migraine auras without the pain, it just make it impossible to read anything. I used to get them when I was still working as a payroll accountant, and stress would bring them on. At least I assumed so, maybe it was the lighting there as well.

Yeah, my celery did the best when I planted it intermingled with tomatoes too.

Once I learned to do the diced onion, carrot, and celery at the very start of my soups and stews I never looked back. I add a little bit of tomato paste now too when the veg are almost done. And sometimes some anchovey paste as well.

We're in such a small town that I always get excited when we get some food trucks. There's a Filipino one that I just love.

Went into town for a haircut, got a new pair of jeans at Cascade Farm and Outdoors but I had to ask a clerk to find a pair my size. Dang visual migraine hit just as I started looking at the sizes. I think the lighting brought it on since it eased up as soon as I got out of the clothing section of the store and completely cleared once I went outside.

When I got home I let the girls out and tossed them the snails I found while clearing about half of a raised bed. I burned a good laundry basket full of dry garden remains.

Penny freaked me out on her walk, I was shuffling bags, trash tongs and cell phone and accidentally dropped the leash. She ran off ahead of me and wouldn't recall. Fortunately, she didn't really want to run away, just wants a faster walking pace then I do and when I stopped walking after her and squatted down and offered her treats, she ran right back to me. She's a rescue and it's foolish of me to assume I always understand her thinking, this could have been a disaster if there had been cars or strange humans close by. Lesson learned.
She's beautiful. I love pitbulls. My pitbull that I had to put down in 2015 was red nose and American bulldog. He weighed 88 lbs. He would sit down when I snapped my fingers and pointed at a spot. When I snapped and put my finger on the floor he would lay down.

I hope your new trees do better!

I’m trying to decide if I should get some more garden boxes now or wait and see if there’s a sale later. 🤔

thank you.

when I tried to replace 2 trees I found out that the guy I paid to plant them just wanted to finish the job as soon as possible. there was about 8 in of soil wit a huge rock underneath. that's why those 2 trees died.

I ordered 4 fig trees and a navalina orange. my dogs destroyed an orange tree so I decided to replace it. my soil is perfect for fig and pomegranate trees so I will plant a lot of them. just learned that fig trees should be planted diagonally (as tomato and peppers) so the they grow bigger roots. I ordered them from university of athens nursery and they explained me that.

Back
Top Bottom