What did you do in the garden today?

Happy Eclipse Day!
Not sure if we will have cloud cover later, but I thought I'd share this little video of making a safe way to view.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/...0hHUlRqS1BicVZSc25kOENHSDFtOWFZeFhlZVlyVUp3Sw..

Other than that...we had our 1st sunny day yesterday. The 1st Tulip opened up!
20240407_123036.jpg
20240408_151022.jpg

One of my Ringneck Doves passed on, so I let a pair hatch 2 eggs, one got broken but the other hatched a sweet baby. I guess the odd Dove who lost his mate got ticked off & picked on the baby yesterday, pulled some little feathers out. So, human mama stepped in to help. She will be fine. She Loves being hand fed!
20240408_095301.jpg

Coops got cleaned & my tomato sprouts responded by all turning towards the much long awaited & appreciated sunshine. Awww, They're So Happy! Grow you cute lil tomaters! ❤️ 🌞 🍅
20240408_095505.jpg 20240408_095442.jpg

Last edited:
Have you considered using an excel spreadsheet for tracking your plants, etc @gtaus? You can search and sort easily.

Do you have Excel your computer? Make your own.

Thanks for the replies. I do have spreadsheet software. But like I said, I am trying to not reinvent the wheel by creating my own system if there is something out there already that works. I may end up creating my own spreadsheet, but it would not be my first choice.

Happy Eclipse Day all! To celebrate the day I’m having my septic tank pumped and my heating oil tank filled. Lol! Just a coincidence but I guess a girl can’t be too prepared for any insanity that may occur. My nice neighbor is having some major landscaping done and he is gifting me his blueberry bushes. He’s replacing them with arbor vitaes. Very cool. They should like growing on the slope in the back of my property.

Mine never come up either.
Mine did not come up. 😒

I am looking for either a paper form or free software to help me track seed starting dates, germination period, transplanting dates, and harvest dates. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so if anyone has a link and/or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Background: I used to just buy plants at the big box stores and put them in the garden. Last year, I started some seeds in the house 8 weeks before transplanting them outside. That worked better than I expected. This year, I am increasing both the number and variety of seeds that I am starting in the house.

But now I am looking at trying to track all these different dates. For example, I started some seeds but will have to restart new seeds if they don't germinate. I would like to have some kind of organized system that I can enter my initial data and have those tasks scheduled so I don't drop the ball on anything. Something that tells me to restart any tomato seeds that don't germinate at day 14, for example.

Just trying to up my game. Thanks for any help.
I have an Excel sheet that I created to do that.... If it would help you?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. This should be on cone flower post 🌼
Plants that hate me -

Chives
Bee balm
Wildflower seeds (Echinecea, daisies, etc)
Sage
Swiss Chard
Pineapple Sage
Pansies

Despite years of trying, this stuff never grows for me. I am FINALLY taking Lavender off this list since I have ONE plant (bought as an established plant) that has finally taken root and become robust.

Back
Top Bottom