What did you do in the garden today?

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a freeze dryer this year. I have so much food(eta: Garden food) to put up every year.... plus the eggs.... I think it's time.

(eta: JARS ARE EXPENSIVE NOW!! UGGH... I can't just be like " oh I'll just buy 60+ more jars this year.... Nope... our yields are too high, storage space too little, and I need.... less work.)
Get the one you don't have to change the oil. What a pain the the BUTT

fed the tomato starts
The only other thing up are the pincushion flowers, and the zinnias, oh and coreopsis...so far
Howling winds yesterday over 60mph, howling near 40 mph today.
Storms yesterday behaved, only .3 inches of rain, but that means one day of not having to water grass seed.
Eclipse is 85% for us, 99% for us last time. I'm good with that. I'm not fighting the nutters for a space to watch it get dark for a few minutes. People are going nuts with switching travel plans to try to chase that shadow without clouds. God speed.

Trimmed a bunch of new growth on the lemon tree, moved some piles of dried branches into a wood frame. I’m going to add my next bucket of kitchen scraps to it, cover with shredded yard clippings, dirt and then some wire to keep the chickens out of it and compost right in the spot I’m going to plant in. The aloes and the other succulents are blooming, and the dragon fruit have a bunch of shoots. Next weekend we’ll run the shredder and work on the pile of trimmings from earlier in the year.
IMG_7632.jpeg
IMG_7633.jpeg
IMG_7634.jpeg
IMG_7635.jpeg

Trimmed a bunch of new growth on the lemon tree, moved some piles of dried branches into a wood frame. I’m going to add my next bucket of kitchen scraps to it, cover with shredded yard clippings, dirt and then some wire to keep the chickens out of it and compost right in the spot I’m going to plant in. The aloes and the other succulents are blooming, and the dragon fruit have a bunch of shoots. Next weekend we’ll run the shredder and work on the pile of trimmings from earlier in the year.
View attachment 3794535View attachment 3794536View attachment 3794537View attachment 3794538
What's the pool for, chickens?

Back
Top Bottom