What did you do in the garden today?

Going through my seeds and getting restless. Still too early to be frost free. I have spinach up and some winter sown wildflowers. Still waiting on others to sprout. I have butternut seed that is likely crossed with Dickinson pumpkin. Might be interesting.
There was a little frost on my truck this morning, and it's supposed to get down to 32 degrees tomorrow morning. My tomatoes want to be in the garden but it's too early. Mid May is best for setting out tomato plants in my area.

Wicked thunderstorms last night.
Then I was up again at 230am watching round 2 roll in.
About 545, a funnel popped 2miles west of the house, but this time it was moving NE, so it stayed over open country. I haven't heard of it making it down, or eating any trees or outbuildings yet, so I'm going with 'it was just a dangler'.
We only managed .4 inches, which is welcome, but we need SO much more.
1713283130621.png

Wicked thunderstorms last night.
Then I was up again at 230am watching round 2 roll in.
About 545, a funnel popped 2miles west of the house, but this time it was moving NE, so it stayed over open country. I haven't heard of it making it down, or eating any trees or outbuildings yet, so I'm going with 'it was just a dangler'.
We only managed .4 inches, which is welcome, but we need SO much more.
View attachment 3802930
What a beautiful photo! I miss epic thunder storms. We get a few small ones here every now and then, but it's nothing like what we got back in Oklahoma when I was a kid.

Funny, I hate starting seeds. I only do it because some things the nurseries just don't carry, like all the stupid hot peppers & patio eggplant & weird stuff. I just don't have the room to want to do it nor do I enjoy hardening off & up potting. If I had a real greenhouse or something....maybe. But probably maybe not. :lau I do love things like green beans, squash & cukes that I can direct sow, however.

Beautiful outside, brought the laptop out on the deck to work. Before long it will be too hot for this.

FYI bolting is triggered by length of day. Here outdoor planted seed will bolt near the end of May no matter how old the plants are. Too long a day under the lights.

I thought it was heat!

Guess that serves me right for putting them under a grow light then. 😅

They’re a lot scrawnier this year too, but that might be the soil mix. 🤔

Funny, I hate starting seeds. I only do it because some things the nurseries just don't carry, like all the stupid hot peppers & patio eggplant & weird stuff. I just don't have the room to want to do it nor do I enjoy hardening off & up potting. If I had a real greenhouse or something....maybe. But probably maybe not. :lau I do love things like green beans, squash & cukes that I can direct sow, however.

Beautiful outside, brought the laptop out on the deck to work. Before long it will be too hot for this.
Yup, if I can’t direct sow I hate the whole process. Enjoy your lovely weather while you can!

Back
Top Bottom