What did you do with your chickens today?

Emma, I love your post. I am sorry about your baby chick. I hope no more get taken. I actually asked St Isidore, Patron St of Farmers to help me, with mine- ever since my giant eagle incident.
How do you fight with your rooster? LOL. I am planning on raising one and I don't want him trying anything on the family if he gets too big for his boots. I do love them when they are little.
Get a Plymouth Rock roo. Be warned, they are huge. They are amazing protectors. Also, silkie Roos, AMAZING. No experience personally, but I’ve heard from friends.

Well this happened yesterday but, we finished getting hardware mesh over the windows and opened up the big window we didn’t get cut out last fall before we moved them in. Lots of air flow now!! And started to remove the plastic off the run.

I also rehung their tire swing with chain and made them another swing.

Got the storage area reorganized too!

Also sharing pics of the amazing score I got at the grocery store for FREE!!! Loving this life hack I discovered for chicken treats, produce that can no longer be sold for human consumption but is perfect fine and great for the birds!!
1/3 of the plastic is off!
IMG_7303.jpeg

IMG_7342.jpeg
IMG_7343.jpeg
IMG_7344.jpeg

The big window is open!! This will be great in the summer time! I’m going to get a piece of plexiglass glass to make it a window for the winter time.
IMG_7371.jpeg

It makes the coop feel so much bigger, and I think the birds like having another view!
IMG_7370.jpeg

Storage area reorganized! I just need to get another work bench made on this wall.
IMG_7321.jpeg

A few more things to do here, but it’s a great start!
IMG_7323.jpeg

I hung the extra feeders from the ceiling to free up room down below.
IMG_7324.jpeg

We had an extra recycle bin so I put their oyster shell and scratch in it.
IMG_7322.jpeg

New improved tire swing!
IMG_7374.jpeg
IMG_7373.jpeg

All for FREE!! This was a great haul!
IMG_7360.jpeg

I think the birds approve
IMG_7361.jpeg
IMG_7363.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom